• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

Butterflies and zebras.....

no, BMW's and giraffes

IMG_20220813_100121786_HDR-L.jpg

and a finger

IMG_20220813_095956323_HDR-L.jpg

More real estate work. Love them county roads. Wednesday is supposed to be rain and a high of 75. Praise God!
4DFCDA4D-CB86-403C-BE95-D8A5F7AF47AA.jpeg
6553ABAE-78F4-496E-840C-E20D3AD1D1E5.jpeg
Any utilities on this property? How many acres and asking price if you can give it. Just curious. I look at that and think, beautiful but a lot of work, I guess you have to have the right equipment. Then I look in the mirror and wonder who that old man is :lol2:

Any utilities on this property? How many acres and asking price if you can give it. Just curious. I look at that and think, beautiful but a lot of work, I guess you have to have the right equipment. Then I look in the mirror and wonder who that old man is :lol2:
3 acres, small pond, water close, electric close, needs septic. Nice area, 10 minutes to Beaver. 42,500. 👍🏻

Just what I'm looking for. Now if I was 20 years younger. About 1/2 the price of this area. Check the price of these three 30ac plus lots on CR 450. You know the old farm house. They remolded it. Things have really slowed in this area with higher interest and way over pricing. We haven't had rain since June 1st.
cr 450 1.jpg

Last edited:
What are you riding? Short ride? You must be lucky enough to live close.
It's approx 60 miles as the crow flies from my house to the Island... Military Hwy(281) along the border to Brownsville to Boca Chica to the Island back to Weslaco... 150 or so miles, if your under a hundred miles it's not a ride...😊

Usually a 100 miles is plenty on the dirt roads around here. Especially when it's 100. Ha

My daughter came to visit yesterday, and I missed my RTE with the San Antonio group. So I got up this morning and decided to go for a little ride to no place in particular. Kickstand up around 8 AM, looked outside and surrounded by dark gray clouds except for one small sliver of blue sky out to the North. I headed North on 181 toward Sinton, hit some rain and kept going North as that was the only direction with blue. lol

Stayed on 181 North until I hit Kennedy and stopped for some breakfast and to hydrate. So far so good, nice clean bike:

Clean Bike.jpg

Rain clouds start rolling in coming from the North, so I figure time to head back home toward Corpus Christi. Not wanting to go back the way I came, I figured I would get on 72 West in Kennedy to IH37 South and then take that home.

Starting on that stretch of 72 West from Kennedy all the way to Mathis on IH 37 South until it rained again, there were TONS and TONS of butterflies or moths:

Butterfly or Moth Aftermath 1.jpg

Thankfully I had recently installed a Clearview Shields +2 windscreen and had it raised in the highest position which kept the bulk of the carnage off my jacket and helmet.

There were so many of them, I even got them INSIDE both my speakers, how I'm not sure:

Butterfly or Moth Inside Left Speaker.jpg

Left Speaker Above

Butterfly or Moth Inside Right Speaker.jpg

Right Speaker Above

Looks like I will be doing some cleaning the rest of the day. Lol

My daughter came to visit yesterday, and I missed my RTE with the San Antonio group. So I got up this morning and decided to go for a little ride to no place in particular. Kickstand up around 8 AM, looked outside and surrounded by dark gray clouds except for one small sliver of blue sky out to the North. I headed North on 181 toward Sinton, hit some rain and kept going North as that was the only direction with blue. lol

Stayed on 181 North until I hit Kennedy and stopped for some breakfast and to hydrate. So far so good, nice clean bike:

Clean Bike.jpg

Rain clouds start rolling in coming from the North, so I figure time to head back home toward Corpus Christi. Not wanting to go back the way I came, I figured I would get on 72 West in Kennedy to IH37 South and then take that home.

Starting on that stretch of 72 West from Kennedy all the way to Mathis on IH 37 South until it rained again, there were TONS and TONS of butterflies or moths:

Butterfly or Moth Aftermath 1.jpg

Thankfully I had recently installed a Clearview Shields +2 windscreen and had it raised in the highest position which kept the bulk of the carnage off my jacket and helmet.

There were so many of them, I even got them INSIDE both my speakers, how I'm not sure:

Butterfly or Moth Inside Left Speaker.jpg

Left Speaker Above

Butterfly or Moth Inside Right Speaker.jpg

Right Speaker Above

Looks like I will be doing some cleaning the rest of the day. Lol
Nice MINI in the background!

When today when I walked by my bike I realized that, due to the weather, I haven't been out for a ride for nearly a month :thpt: So I thought that I would get on it and ride until I came upon the daily rain. I headed south on the 3 and went to Galveston. So far no rain :-D I decided to try the Blue Water Hiway. When I got to Surfside, I came across 2 guys from Turkey on Beamers. We chatted and when they left; I remembered that I hadn't been to the Blessings Hotel since Covid. I didn't see any ominous clouds, so I set the GPS on "long way" to Blessing. The Blessing Hotel restaurant is crowded on Sunday, but it didn't take long to find a seat. The food is great and lots of it for $15. But no pie 😭 They did have a pretty good supply of cobbler and cake though :thumb: I did not waddle away hungry :trust: The trip back was pretty uneventful. Read, "spirited jaunt." :rider::rider:
I made it home by 3:00. It was great to be back on the road again :thumb: I am really looking forward to the Fall ride season.

Attachments

• PXL_20220828_173415906.jpg
    PXL_20220828_173415906.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 105
  • PXL_20220828_173534205.jpg
    PXL_20220828_173534205.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 102
  • PXL_20220828_181209056.jpg
    PXL_20220828_181209056.jpg
    817 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
We beat the rain! Got in a 20 mile loop, no dust, sand packed, and just barely slick. Got in a light drizzle coming in on Sandy. Oh and it was 76*.
I'm old, slow and overweight BUT I hang out with young, fast, and trim guys, lol. We had a great ride.
E9A72880-0B8F-4ED1-A48E-5813CD6AAC0E.jpeg
40730228-F399-4B49-BA36-D776A659C835_4_5005_c.jpeg

Had an accidental adventure ride yesterday. Wanted to go visit the kiddo in Austin, so I figured I would take the back way - Cleburne to Meridian to Hamilton to Lampasas to Austin. My wife said "What if it rains?" I said "It's not going to rain, but if it does I've got rain gear". I can't rember what the term is for saying something won't happen but then it happens, so we'll go with "I cursed myself", which I did a lot later in the ride.

Ride to Austin went great, got there in 3 hours, so it was only 30 minutes longer than taking 35.
Had lunch with the kid, gave her some sage advice about what to do after college (which will be ignored, and probably should be) and headed back.

Coming back through Hamilton, I developed a hankering for ice cream. This is what people call foreshadowing.

Decided to take the west loop back through Hico and Glen Rose so I could get ice cream in Hico. Upon leaving the ice cream place (right across from the Billy the Kid statue) and heading towards Glen Rose, I saw some clouds in the distance. The clouded looked to be over West Fort Worth, so I figured I should be able to shoot up 67 to Midlothian before the rain came.

On the other side of Glen Rose, things to the north were starting to look Biblical, but everything was fine to the east. So I just needed to hammer it and everything would be fine. Then I realized that my gas mileage at the speeds I was travelling would require a gas stop in Cleburne. I stopped at the first available gas station in Cleburne and the little trees they had planted were whipping around pretty hard. At this point I had taken off my jacket due to the heat. I pondered putting on my rain gear, but it was pretty hot and not raining yet, so I compromised by taking everything that I didn't want to get wet and putting it in my side cases with the rain gear. And I put my jacket back on, figuring if the roads got wet I would like to have a little crash protection.

Then I headed out and immediately after getting on 67 it started to pour. I'm talking about those big fat drops that feel like hail. So I took the next exit and spotted a gas station with a Whataburger attached. Perfect, I could hole up there. But then the rain stopped. Looking up, it honestly looked like that might be it. (This is called "I'm dumb".)

So I stayed on the frontage road, went through the stop sign and got back on 67. And then it really started to come down. I immediately couldn't see a thing and I kept getting blown into the shoulder. So, I took the next exit and got under the highway with a nice guy riding a Harley. We chatted for 20 minutes and I checked the radar. Looked like it was blowing out, so I waited until the rain was smaller and mostly vertical, and took off. Had a wet and uneventful 45 minute ride home.

Now all of my stuff is drying on the back porch and the bike needs a wash. Good thing its an "adventure" bike, otherwise I assume I would still be out there, living off the land.

Back