• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

Got the first 100 miles in today on the new to me KTM from Scott @Tourmeister. Did about 60/40 dirt and backroad pavement. Finally started to jive with the bike a bit after the first 50 miles. It’s definitely a lot different animal then the ole klr however I do still love the klr it’s own respect and don’t think I’ll be parting ways with it completely for the orange. It was noticeably cooler today compared to what it has been with a little cloud cover and scattered showers, so I just had to get in a ride. Of course while I was out I made my way down to the lake to snap a quick pic.
Nice to see you got the strap on the Mojavi bags fixed! I really liked those bags.

Made it to Spoaks for my first time on Sunday. Guess they were technically closed but a friend knows them and they allowed a small group in to ride. It was great. I ran my GoPro and got some footage so I could see where all I messed up and how. Which means, pretty much everywhere and in a multitude of ways. There was one section I would consider my favorite and the below is a 1 minute clip from that section where I was following my son and a friend. I kept holding them up all day, but I did have fun. Right at the end of the clip I came pretty close to eating it. I did not realize I was also talking to myself but discovered it when reviewing the video. I had trouble stopping laughing, showed my wife and she also found it hilarious. If interested watch the video and then I will explain why we found it so funny.

Our grandson, who is about 1 1/2, when at the races, will point at any motorcycle who is going fast or pulling a wheelie and exclaim loudly "HaHaHa" in a quite deep voice for a 1 1/2 year old. He sounds almost exactly like I did at the end of that clip. Son and his wife also found it hilarious. Guess he comes by it naturally.

Made it to Spoaks for my first time on Sunday. Guess they were technically closed but a friend knows them and they allowed a small group in to ride. It was great. I ran my GoPro and got some footage so I could see where all I messed up and how. Which means, pretty much everywhere and in a multitude of ways. There was one section I would consider my favorite and the below is a 1 minute clip from that section where I was following my son and a friend. I kept holding them up all day, but I did have fun. Right at the end of the clip I came pretty close to eating it. I did not realize I was also talking to myself but discovered it when reviewing the video. I had trouble stopping laughing, showed my wife and she also found it hilarious. If interested watch the video and then I will explain why we found it so funny.

Our grandson, who is about 1 1/2, when at the races, will point at any motorcycle who is going fast or pulling a wheelie and exclaim loudly "HaHaHa" in a quite deep voice for a 1 1/2 year old. He sounds almost exactly like I did at the end of that clip. Son and his wife also found it hilarious. Guess he comes by it
How big is this place?

I honestly do not know. I rode trails and the loop was about 6 to 7 miles. There is a motocross track and a sand track, they were working on both of those. Also a kids track and another small track. Woodsguy can probably fill you in better.

Did a little 100 miler around the SHNF, bumped into a couple of guys. The KTM was actually riding the trails on the 1290, ALONE, beast.

0DB9EB13-4AE0-4592-B99B-E06C50367EDC.jpeg

11AB712B-717A-41C6-8DB1-1C3289AAD054.jpeg

19DCAC56-2E5E-44F3-84F9-D74648137E03.jpeg

I honestly do not know. I rode trails and the loop was about 6 to 7 miles. There is a motocross track and a sand track, they were working on both of those. Also a kids track and another small track. Woodsguy can probably fill you in better.
I haven't been there in a long time, but obviously have the m/x track and thinking under 10 miles of trails. But they are fun!

Morning Breakfast Ride Waco and Temple group.

Attachments

• DC90A63A-5D71-4F45-A085-B0CE7407DD31.jpeg
    DC90A63A-5D71-4F45-A085-B0CE7407DD31.jpeg
    298 KB · Views: 133
  • B23204D7-D130-47D7-81F4-D3AFF57BB383.jpeg
    B23204D7-D130-47D7-81F4-D3AFF57BB383.jpeg
    240.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 646C5CAC-8264-4AC4-9C0A-536081D9D709.jpeg
    646C5CAC-8264-4AC4-9C0A-536081D9D709.jpeg
    298.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 6BE9C229-DF6C-4722-AA07-38A79DD13EAC.jpeg
    6BE9C229-DF6C-4722-AA07-38A79DD13EAC.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 116
  • 9161B46F-F3B5-4695-A704-9B7BE6877C33.jpeg
    9161B46F-F3B5-4695-A704-9B7BE6877C33.jpeg
    348.3 KB · Views: 117
  • 106825CE-AB48-4064-96C2-FD4EC3C584B4.jpeg
    106825CE-AB48-4064-96C2-FD4EC3C584B4.jpeg
    394.3 KB · Views: 115
Made a little run through the forest checking the trailheads, Eastside SHNF was FULL, 208 trailhead had 6 or 7 trucks, Kelly Pond had a dozen, Northwest had none, and the horse trailhead had 1 horse! When I cam back through there was half a dozen at Northwest. Late arrivals I guess they like the heat! It was 94* by now.

Then had a coke and bag of Fritos at Drifters, real good assortment of bikes there.Hung a round for an hour, when I left the H-D crowd was really coming in. 10 came in together, getting crowded, time i headed back in the woods!

1 Copperhead got ran over, poor thing. (not by me).

C3577D63-55D0-4FD0-82CE-C31E3329DAC6.jpeg

45BDED3C-58F1-4D80-AB93-44F797826A34_4_5005_c.jpeg

37E11324-B69F-45E6-A1A5-2462E7E67E2A_4_5005_c.jpeg

Drifters…lived near there when I first returned to Texas. Stopped in one afternoon after a solo ride. Struck up a conversation with a guy who told me about TWT. So happened he was the 3rd person to recommend the group.

Drifters…lived near there when I first returned to Texas. Stopped in one afternoon after a solo ride. Struck up a conversation with a guy who told me about TWT. So happened he was the 3rd person to recommend the group.

Funny, I still think of you EVERY TIME I ride past the place where you lived. How many years ago was that!? I might have been one of those early people. That was still back in the day when I would sometimes chase people down or talk to them at the gas stations in Montgomery to tell them about the site :-P

Funny, I still think of you EVERY TIME I ride past the place where you lived. How many years ago was that!? I might have been one of those early people. That was still back in the day when I would sometimes chase people down or talk to them at the gas stations in Montgomery to tell them about the site :-P
Well a quick glance tells me I “gave in” and joined in Feb 2013. A decade ago. Probably joined after meeting you all at that little restaurant on 1791, I know you’ll remember the name of it. You and the fam, Snoopster, Dave and some others all turned out that night although it was windy and threatening rain. i remember you all caged it.

City Hall Cafe, shut down and moved to town. Luckily they're in the process of re-opening it in the country. I didn't know you lived in this area for a while!

City Hall Cafe, shut down and moved to town. Luckily they're in the process of re-opening it in the country. I didn't know you lived in this area for a while!

City Hall! I kept thinking City Council, knew that wasn’t right. Yup, used to ride horses in the forest. We would occasionally cross paths with dirt bikes. When they noticed us, they almost always stopped and killed engines till we passed. Nice. These horses didn’t mind motorcycles tho. I used to say we were more in danger of bucks in rut (& those hunting them) than the dirt bikes. Pigs tho would startle the horses, when we heard them we would call out “Here, piggy piggy piggy” in loud happy voices. After a while the horses thought nothing of them.

The owner of the farm was an imperious Brit, used to cut our own trails, totally against the rules, but the rangers never challenged her on it. She was a character. At a Sonic Drive In, she asked for Ranch sauce and the girl taking our order had trouble understanding her British accent. When the ordering was done, she turned to me and said, “ I absolutely refuse to say “RANCH” in a terrible version of a Texan dialect. Hilarious.

I went there for breakfast once , it did not inspire me to go back . The best was the place in Montgomery we used to go to every week .

I went there for breakfast once , it did not inspire me to go back . The best was the place in Montgomery we used to go to every week .
Never had breakfast there. We used to eat dinner there quite often as they had very good burgers. Their pies and cakes were also great. They shut the place on FM 1791 down and moved into town on Sam Houston Ave. It was never the same after that. We went to the new place a bit, but once Covid hit, I don't think we've been back since. I've heard rumors that they might reopen the location on 1791. Last time I rode past it, it did look like work was ongoing at the old location.

The 3 of us got a hot ride in. Terry, guy in the picture is having surgery tomorrow. The outcome is unknown till they get in. Could be down only a few weeks to several months. He wanted to get a good ride in. Praying for a good outcome. Also saw this guy on a new 800 Suzuki at a rest stop. Very nice

Attachments

• 20230711_100112.jpg
    20230711_100112.jpg
    834.3 KB · Views: 104
  • 20230711_111213.jpg
    20230711_111213.jpg
    695.2 KB · Views: 107
What headlight do you have on that beastie?
It's a 6" chopper/bobber special. It's just a hair better than the stock light in terms of nighttime lighting, but (IMO) looks better on the bike.
It enabled me to get rid of the silly minifairing as well. :trust:

rabbit-2.jpg
Just rode a few laps at the house so not to exciting. However I did have lots of company tonight. Seemed like every few seconds there were either quail or rabbits running or flying ahead of me. Not just the first lap but even on the following laps. I think t hey really like the dust baths created by the motorcycles.

quail1.jpg

rabbit-1.jpg

If I could just learn to corner with the speed of those rabbits I would be on to something.

Back