• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

I was in Colorado last for the last week, the weather was great, a little cool on the passes. I wanted to see some white, with all the snowfall they had this past winter timing was perfect.

The bike was perfect in every way. Except I do not like the tank bag, rubber bottom and every time I would slide it to the side to fill up it would leave those black rubber marks on the tank.

Last edited:
The bike was perfect in every way. Except I do not like the tank bag, rubber bottom and every time I would slide it to the side to fill up it would leave those black rubber marks on the tank.

I've quit using tank bags. I used to have them on my VFR 800s. I don't miss them at all. I guess if I were traveling more, I might find it convenient to have a bag in front of me. But generally, I just like having an uncluttered area in front of me.

Just the opposite. I bruised a kidney and cracked a vertebra due to a camera strapped to my belt in a fall years ago. I don't even like things in my pockets when I ride...

Just the opposite. I bruised a kidney and cracked a vertebra due to a camera strapped to my belt in a fall years ago. I don't even like things in my pockets when I ride...

I keep a small point and shoot (Olympus T5) in my left breast pocket for easy access. However, my jacket has chest armor that is between me and the camera, so hopefully if I happen to land on the camera, it won't do any "extra" damage to me above and beyond what might happen without it being there.

I like the tank bag....when I'm not needing my hard cases a tank bag and small tail bag are usually enough for tools and etc....

Was the 1st time I used a tank bag and loved it. Could see my map, and keep goodies like sunscreen, phone, energy bars, reading glasses,

wallet and sunglasses. Much easier than getting off the bike and opening up side bags. Also was expandable but I can't imagine needing it.

No doubt a parent delegated the job of putting out the sign to someone young... :-P

Great weather this morning and I needed to get the xrl out for a run. Battery was a little hesitant but finally gave in and fired up. Made a 100 mile loop south and did some usual dirt roads to knock the carbon off.

One neglected road was so awesome I turned around and did it twice.

Continued on and had my bike picture photo bombed by some little piggy’s.

Made it over to the low bridge that crosses the Cibilo. The waters finally down enough to make it across, just stay right of the washout.

Just past the creek is the small community of Cestohowa. I always liked the look of this old church, plus a good spot for a quick Thank You prayer for not falling on the slimy bridge.

PS. This bike is still for sale :lol:

Last edited:
Where and when?
I'm thinking Saturday.. @stephensatt and I were wanting to do something. Maybe return to Sam Houston and map out some more of the dirt roads. Stephen has expressed interest in doing the Lufkin 450....What are you able to do?

We're also looking for any who wanna join up

As of this moment I have all day Saturday to myself to do what ever I want. Yaaaay Meeee!

Gave the big girl a wash today. Hopefully have some pics tomorrow. Gonna meet Stromxtc for lunch and a small ride around his country

Oh, we might should move our conversation to "Upcoming Rides" now. Oh, and call it the "Blister Butt Ride". Butt's ok isn't it? Gotta keep it clean...

Back