• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

Last night I spent about an hour planning a ride just too wake up and say “F*** it.” Waking up late and not in the mood for the longer ride I had planned; I typed in my favorite small town and asked the TOMTOM to map it out using the winding road feature.

TOMTOM betrayed me by routing me through Magnolia in the middle of church traffic and I finally just pushed the reroute button until I found something that got me off my current path. FM 359 TO FM 529 and The Beatles brought me into Bellville where I had lunch at Sanders. Two meats, two sides, cornbread, dessert and a sweet tea almost put me in nap mode. Good meal at an okay price.

With a quick stop at Newmans Bakery, I pushed North on Centerhill and Kramer Rd into Chappell Hill, TX. Both are great little roads to ride with a small patch of dirt. The green farmland, small hills, and 80’s pop music made it a beautiful ride.

by bridge.jpg
by field.jpg

Riding out of Chappell Hill I grabbed any small road and country road I saw. A lot of dead ends, but eventually Ragweed and I turned North on FM 159 towards Millican, TX. The throttle was wide open with no traffic in front of me. The clouds were overcast and looked like rain but fortunately no shower. It was at this point I wondered why I keep leaving my rain gear at home.

From there it was FM 2154, HWY 6, FM 3090 and finally FM 149 into Drifters Bar to stare at bikes I haven’t owned and fight for a space to order a beer. No traffic in front of me the entire hour was relaxing. I was able to find a rhythm and ponder the last time I serviced the chain on any of my bikes. I spent about 20 minutes curious if I was a bad bike owner.

At Drifters I saw a Triumph Rocket III. I am currently in awe of this bike and seeing the same model three days in row made me think it was a sign. I must own one! My wife, via text, disagreed. Dreams shattered and heart crushed, I put on a sad Willey Nelson playlist and road FM 149 home. Apparently everyone else in Montgomery had the same idea and my good karma ran out. A long line of vans and Harley Davidson’s preserving oil made it a slow ride into home.

by drifters.jpg

89251178_1113171422353079_8312470998779691008_n.jpg

It was on this slow 30-minute stretch that I decided I was not a bad bike owner, just a forgetful bike owner. I did not take a lot of pictures today; I was just enjoying the bike too much to stop. Great weather, great ride, and good food.

I hope you all were able to get out today.

Anyone who hasn't watched the episode yet but knows where this pic was taken is a true West Texas explorer:

I was born and raised in Andrews. There is a 10 mile trail around the lake. We would go out on a Sunday put 60-70 miles in practicing for enduros
and practice riding wheelies on the lake bed.

I “had” great plans for a day ride today. Wife had a meeting with the Governor so was gonna drop me off in Austin and I planned a scenic ride home. Well, thank you Wuhan, that didn’t work out. She had to be in her own office for a teleconference since we all need to bunker down and guard our toilet paper. So a pick up truck and trailer for me, but I still came home with this new toy.

Thank you TJ’s for another great deal.

I “had” great plans for a day ride today. Wife had a meeting with the Governor so was gonna drop me off in Austin and I planned a scenic ride home. Well, thank you Wuhan, that didn’t work out. She had to be in her own office for a teleconference since we all need to bunker down and guard our toilet paper. So a pick up truck and trailer for me, but I still came home with this new toy.

Thank you TJ’s for another great deal.
Whaaaatttttt🏍🤯

I rode it to the mail box. Odo picture is after I rode it.
abf4406a28f396198ec5178de32c49b8.jpg
498e953af5e58bf7aaea0637f45abf3f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You deserve a paper tag trophy, but you're in distant second when compared to Jarrett. :-P

Nice bikes make nice pics :thumb:

Is that a nice new Garmin I see?

29 years of herding cats in Bexar County Sheriffs Department says you deserve it!

Last edited:
very good so far. I’m impressed with the dirt side and can only imagine how the 790 is. Pavement is also acceptable and I think I can put some bigger miles on it.
Awesome! Atleast the odo doesn't say 0 anymore.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back