• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SOLD 1972 Yamaha LT2 Enduro 100 - $1400

Re: 1972 Yamaha LT2 Enduro 100 - $1400

Someone else on here that remembers Carters Yamaha??? I think about that store every time I go by there although I did my usual business with the Wiese family that owned Big D Yamaha on Jefferson Blvd. in Oak Cliff. T.C Carter was a great guy!!

Craig

My dad was a life-long buddy of T.C. Carter (we always called him T.E & I don't know why). Dad knew T.E. from East Texas & rode Aerials, BSAs, & Matchless' with him around El Paso where T.E. was a cook in the Army and Roswell, NM where my dad was stationed in SAC in the 50's. Throughout the late 60's. 70's & 80's we would visit T.E.'s shop in Carrollton. Dad would by Yamahas in the crate, XS 650, RD 350, DT 250, 750 Seca, 900 Seca. My brother raced a 550 Seca & 550 Vision in CMRA. I bought an XT 500, XS 500, and a 650 Seca from T.E. I loved being in the shop. T.E.'s mechanic, Elmer was a whiz at tuning 2-strokes, & everything else for that matter. Motorcycle shops just aren't the same these days. Half of my wardrobe in the 70's consisted of Carter Yamaha T shirts, always the same graphic of T.E. dirt tracking on his BSA Goldstar. I remember watching T.E. race at Buffalo Speedway and at Lavon.

T.E. was a great rider & a super nice guy who passed too soon.

Back