• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S -The Mega Thread

Re: The 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S

So have any of you guys done any night riding yet? What are the impressions regarding the effectiveness of the headlight?

I haven't ridden at night yet. This Friday I'm planning to get some time in, though.

So have any of you guys done any night riding yet? What are the impressions regarding the effectiveness of the headlight?

TM,

The low beam is 1000% better then my '03:clap: :clap: But the high beam does not increase the effectiveness of the lights.:wary: I may just need to adjust the high beam. :shrug: I'll play around with the high beam adjustment and if it makes any difference........I let you know.

I have ridden quite a lot at night, I agree the low beam is good but the high beam does not do much I think its too high. Havignt he 46 liter trunk on the back does not change the riding at all I have a laptop and books probably 15 to 20 pounds worht and I dont even know its there. I am very please with the trunk and plan to add side bags when I can afford it:lol2:

Hello everyone; I hope I’m not intruding on the forum being that I live in Virginia? I’ve been riding a 2006 M50 for a little over a year now and for lack of a better way to put it, I’m bored with this bike. I’m 38 and while I wouldn’t mind a GSXR-750, my wife rides passenger quite often and I’m sure she wouldn’t be comfortable on the GSXR.

After reading through this post, it appears that the Bandit 1250 might be a good mix of performance and comfort and I’m hoping some of you more experienced Bandit owners can solidify my assumption?

Anyway, you guys have a great forum here with tons of great information and I appreciate being a part of it. Thank you all.

Hello everyone; I hope I’m not intruding on the forum being that I live in Virginia?

Nah. There are folks from other states on here - seems like a lot of them have been draw by the Bandit 1250 info - we must have gotten them first.

:welcome: to our section of the 2-wheel world

After reading through this post, it appears that the Bandit 1250 might be a good mix of performance and comfort .....

The Bandit has never been famous for pillion comfort due to the angle of the seat and rear peg position. I would recommend you at least sit on one (2-up) before assuming the stock seat is nirvana.

Other sources claim the 1250 seat is "still" uncomfortable when compared to earlier generation Bandits. I happen to think my stock seat works well. There will be aftermarket seats available soon if not already but you can bet they'll be pricey... and still may not be comfortable.

One thing you will appreciate running 2-up is the grunt and power of any 1200+ Bandit - just twist and go. Good luck with your choice of bikes.

The Bandit has never been famous for pillion comfort due to the angle of the seat and rear peg position. I would recommend you at least sit on one (2-up) before assuming the stock seat is nirvana.

Other sources claim the 1250 seat is "still" uncomfortable when compared to earlier generation Bandits. I happen to think my stock seat works well. There will be aftermarket seats available soon if not already but you can bet they'll be pricey... and still may not be comfortable.

One thing you will appreciate running 2-up is the grunt and power of any 1200+ Bandit - just twist and go. Good luck with your choice of bikes.

Thank you for the insight. To be honest, the M50 is not very comfortable for the passenger either so it might be a toss up as far as that goes. It's really the extra power that I'm most interested in.

Hello everyone; I hope I’m not intruding on the forum being that I live in Virginia? I’ve been riding a 2006 M50 for a little over a year now and for lack of a better way to put it, I’m bored with this bike. I’m 38 and while I wouldn’t mind a GSXR-750, my wife rides passenger quite often and I’m sure she wouldn’t be comfortable on the GSXR.

After reading through this post, it appears that the Bandit 1250 might be a good mix of performance and comfort and I’m hoping some of you more experienced Bandit owners can solidify my assumption?

Anyway, you guys have a great forum here with tons of great information and I appreciate being a part of it. Thank you all.

What kind of riding do you do most of the time? The Bandit is a pretty good 'jack of all trades' kind of bike, that's why I got it. I like to take off on day long adventures on the weekends, but I ride it 20mi to work everyday too.

I just came off an SV650, and while the SV was fine for commuting most of the time, I wasn't happy w/ it after being in the saddle all day. Half of my commute is going 70-80mph to keep up w/ traffic and the SV's lack of wind protection was a bummer. The passenger accomodations are pretty lackluster for both the rider and passenger as well. These are the issues w/ the SV that I thought the Bandit would fix. And it did.

So.. I guess it just depends. Are you unhappy w/ anything in particular on the M50, or just ready for something different? Lots of people on this site, with lots of different riding styles, with lots of different bikes... the Bandit is just what I was looking for. Fits me and my riding style perfectly, and evidentally a lot of people on this board and other agree with me there.. YMMV.

trey

I bought the 2007 1250S for its ability to carve corners, the powerful torque across the range, and the price was impossible to beat.
Riding it for the last couple of months I've learned there is almost no vibration anywhere along the power curve, it handles smoother than I'd expected, and when you roll on the throttle...it goes! :mrgreen:

What kind of riding do you do most of the time? The Bandit is a pretty good 'jack of all trades' kind of bike, that's why I got it. I like to take off on day long adventures on the weekends, but I ride it 20mi to work everyday too.

I just came off an SV650, and while the SV was fine for commuting most of the time, I wasn't happy w/ it after being in the saddle all day. Half of my commute is going 70-80mph to keep up w/ traffic and the SV's lack of wind protection was a bummer. The passenger accomodations are pretty lackluster for both the rider and passenger as well. These are the issues w/ the SV that I thought the Bandit would fix. And it did.

So.. I guess it just depends. Are you unhappy w/ anything in particular on the M50, or just ready for something different? Lots of people on this site, with lots of different riding styles, with lots of different bikes... the Bandit is just what I was looking for. Fits me and my riding style perfectly, and evidentally a lot of people on this board and other agree with me there.. YMMV.

trey

Most of my riding is done commuting to work (5 miles each way) and getting adventurous on the weekends. My wife likes to ride on the weekends with me and "says" she's comfortable on the M50. I don't see how she could be with the tiny seat on the M50.

As far as being unhappy about anything on the M50, it's mostly the lack of power. It's torquey but doesn't accelerate nearly as well as I'd like.

Weez,

:tab Welcome to the site! Not only do we have folks from other states, we have quite a few from other countries! Canada, UK, Mexico, Australia, Germany, and quite a few others...

:tab For two up, I think power is only important to a point. A bike that has the suspension well setup for two up riding with go much better and easier than one with more power but crappy suspension. That said, more power is always nicer :rider: If the current generation Bandit is like the previous ones, it will benefit greatly from after market suspension upgrades. They usually are sprung a bit on the soft side. Riding two up would only make this more obvious...

...If the current generation Bandit is like the previous ones, it will benefit greatly from after market suspension upgrades. They usually are sprung a bit on the soft side. Riding two up would only make this more obvious...
But they do have the power! :rider:

As far as being unhappy about anything on the M50, it's mostly the lack of power. It's torquey but doesn't accelerate nearly as well as I'd like.

An M50 was my first and only experiment with a cruiser. I didn't say last experiment.......I never say never. I bought it thinking that it would be easier on my back.....it wasn't. I traded it for my Wee-strom.

Besides being just two completely different styles of bikes, the big difference will be the power and torque. I haven't had the M50 in a while, so I didn't jump from it to the Bandit, but rather from a Z750s to the Bandit. If you make the change you will be freakin' amazed. :rider:

I plan to make the Bandit my sport-tourer, my Strom will be for very mild offroad adventure, and the Thunderbird will remain what my wife calls my Starbucks bike. :lol2:

My wife really enjoys the ride on the back of the o7' Bandit. We had a cruiser Honda Shadow 1100 before and she is a lot more comfortable on the Bandit it has a wider seat;-) not that she is a big woman:giveup: I better just stop before this hole gets any bigger. All I am saying is that she says "i like riding on the back of the Bandit."

That's a good line. :mrgreen:

I love the Thunderbird, but neither seat, neither the two-up or the solo, is very comfortable. So, on a weekend day, I will usually take her up or down Hwy 51, ending up at Starbucks in Granbury. She knows the way. :lol2:

OK stupid question on my part. Can the Bandit be rigged up for light sport touring with bags and maybe some of the other usual appurtenances?

Yes. Givi and SW-Motech make racks which will carry saddlebags and tail bags. Also, I've heard Suzuki has carry racks in Europe and I had a message from my local shop that they have a new catalog from Suzuki USA with bags, racks, etc. now available. Check out twistedthrottle.com.

Concerning the cases, racks, and so on.....

I just turned my 2007 Bandit into a Sport Tourer. :clap:

Here's what I ordered:

1 E450N Givi Matte Black 2 helmet-sized Trunk
1 E84 Givi Backrest for the trunk
2 E36N Givi Matte Black Side Cases
1 PL539 Side Rack Holder (not available from Givi until late July) :tears:
1 FZ539 Top Rack Holder
1 D262S Touring Windscreen (4.6 inches higher than stock!!!!):mrgreen:

I will post pictures and such early August when it's all mounted and such.

There went $950!!!!!!

Phil

Thanks guys, it looks like it might be interesting. When you get her dressed up, posting a few picts would be great.

Hello all:

Has anyone installed a replacement windscreen on thier '07 1250 yet? I am looking at the screws to come out and need some advice on how this thing comes apart.

I figure it goes something like this.

1) Remove the two upper inner/outer fairing screws obviously attaching the windshield.
2) Remove the instrument cluster. It "looks" like it has two screws just in front of it adn it "should" just pop out or tilit out.
3) There's got to be a couple more screws inside somewhere.

Anyone got photos or experience here?

:tab I never ordered the backrest pad for the GIVI bags. Most jackets have back padding in them and the various passengers I've carried always told me it was comfy without the pad :shrug: Of course, maybe it is extra comfy with the pad ;-)

:tab Concerning the cost of the GIVI stuff, I think it worth it. Sure, you can get some soft luggage way cheaper. However, if you do much traveling at all, you will soon come to love the simplicity and easy of the GIVI. I had the 50 L top case with both E360 40 L side cases (side opening) and E21 21 L side cases (top opening). They were all set to use the same key. The bags are durable. They never leaked a drop in torrential rains. One top case came off the bike at 80mph when a latch failed on the mount. However, the bag stayed closed, even after smacking right into a tree!! GIVI replaced it with a new bag 100% at their cost. It is just so nice to be able to walk up to the bike, hear three CLICKS, and you are ready to go. No straps to mess with at all.

The VFR with the E50 top and E360 sides
MVC-026S.JPG

That was actually TOO much capacity. Keeping the front end on the ground was a problem... :doh:

Here it is with the E21's installed. Much better.
2001VFR2.jpg

Back