• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Road to Certain Death - A K Trail Tale

GREAT report guys!!! :clap: When a group like that gets together there's no tell'in what's going to happen. My kind of people - just wish you weren't finished riding.:rider: I was getting in to it.

I did not know it at the time but Rick, John,Clark and I rode the Road to Near Certain Death Saturday. I dang near got hot enough to meet my Maker.
Clark and I rode up to the crossing, Clark bails off in it , gets about half way and falls to at least a 45 degree angle. The water is dang near waist deep( it did not look it from the other side) was slick and slimy, and all the rocks were at a big angle. Not good.
I waded in to help but could not do much but help hold the bike up.
Rick and John show up and we get the drowned bike out on the far side. I was spent, Hot and tired.

130525_194-XL.jpg

I'm glad you guys took this picture. We were concerned enough to not get any pics.

John scouted West and Rick scouted East for a place to get across. Rick found that if we angled about 45 degrees down stream ,we could push the bikes across the boulders and out of the river then ride about 40 yards back to the trail. It was not easy . I had to quit them after the second bike. I felt totally useless.
In this picture we came out where the guy in the plaid shirt was standing.

130525_208-L.jpg

We opted for a room and Buffet at the Lime Tree Inn that night.

Sunday we rode some class one back over to The Sticks Monument and headed West over the hill and came out on the Indian Highway .
Two questions

Is that part of the K Trail ? It goes by that Fire Tower!

Did you say that rode is Class Two?:eek2:

It's pretty dang rocky!

See!
I'm not the only one.
Tell the truth, Don, wasn't that a great trail?

Screen%20Shot%202013-08-06%20at%202.30.09%20PM.png

Click here for Interactive GMap

JT it was a great trail!
It would be a fun trail at 50 degrees It could be a Killer Trail at 100 degrees.
Who thought it would be a good idea to ride Arkansas Rocks in August?:lol2:

Why did my riding Buds not advise against it?:rofl:

It really was not too bad if you kept moving.:rider: Keeping moving was the problem!:doh:

It was a bit Rocky

DSCF0141.jpg

We had all our Camping Gear

DSCF0142.jpg

DSCF0146.jpg

DSCF0144.jpg

Not trying to hijack your ride report, but man I'm glad somebody had some pictures of this trail! I was able to show my wife what Big Don got me into this past weekend! At least now she believes me when I say he is one heck of an adventure tour guide! She took a look at some of the pictures and said, "Y'all call that fun?" LOL!

I told her, "You bet, especially if you make it out unscathed."

Don, Thanks for a great trip this past weekend! I really enjoyed it!

I hope you guys don't mind that I added to your report. I did not have enough pictures to do one of my own.

But now for something really important :eat:

If in Hatfield , Ar. for lunch on a Sunday stop by Simple Simons
's Pizza. It's not what it looks like from the outside.

DSCF0155.jpg

The Pizza is Excellent but on Sunday they have a Buffet that's like Sunday Dinner at Grandma's House. Very Good!

DSCF0157.jpg

This Guy is the owner and said that He was the Cook. I dunno!

DSCF0158.jpg

Don't even think about picking off this guy's plate!

DSCF0159.jpg

That's a killer Peach Cobbler on top and some of the best Sweet Potatoes that I have ever had ,on the bottom!

DSCF0160.jpg

This place earned the Bigdon Seal of Approval!

If I have stepped on Toes by posting in this report please let me know.
I will delete with no hard feelings on my part! :rider:

Back