• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Unofficial 9th Annual Rubber Chicken Ride - Truth or Consequences, New Mexico - October 29-31, 2020

I think Sander did a great job of starting this. I reserved at Holiday Inn because I could use my points and stay for free and the wife isn't going. There are So many routes. I'd like to do route 15 and 20 at some point. Not sure if that's a good idea by myself but who knows. Should be really fun.
Thanks for starting this Sander. A side note. The Los Arcos Steak and Lobster restaurant is one of those hidden Gems. They have incredible food.

Last edited:
I'd like to do route 15 and 20 at some point. Not sure if that's a good idea by myself but who knows. Should be really fun.
A side note. The Los Arcos Steak and Lobster restaurant is one of those hidden Gems. They have incredible food.

Hmm, interested in 15 as well...

+1 on Los Arcos. Reminds me happily of the 70s!

I think Sander did a great job of starting this. I reserved at Holiday Inn because I could use my points and stay for free and the wife isn't going. There are So many routes. I'd like to do route 15 and 20 at some point. Not sure if that's a good idea by myself but who knows. Should be really fun.
Thanks for starting this Sander. A side note. The Los Arcos Steak and Lobster restaurant is one of those hidden Gems. They have incredible food.

15 and 20 do look like fun... I'd be up for it...

Great weather indeed! Booked at the Desert View Inn....see you at dinner Wednesday night...I'm on a 500...

Last edited:
I am interested in joining this trip. Hopefully my wife will be agreeable. How many are going so far? Thanks for pointing out the updated thread JT. I’ve been dying to show off my new undercarriage LED lighting kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am interested in joining this trip. Hopefully my wife will be agreeable. How many are going so far? Thanks for pointing out the updated thread JT. I’ve been dying to show off my new undercarriage LED lighting kit.

Joking about LEDs for anybody that doesn’t know me.

Not sure on who will show, like the Adventure Rider Breakfast Series no host rides, no registration, just show up for fun.

I figure we will meet for breakfast each morning around 8a at: Sunset Grill. Then break up into groups afterward depending on who wants to ride what routes.

I plan on riding east of T or C days 1 & 2. Palomas for sure one day, maybe along with Apache gap as long as I can retreat if Apache gets too bad.
And west of T or C on day 2, probably Route 2 - St. Cloud + Chloride Canyon + Lookout Mountain + The Nash Cut-off.

I'll carry my lunch with me for a plannned lunch break somewhere in nature.

Already on the road.

1.jpg

In Cloudcroft now, relaxing for a few days. I'll be in T or C. Wednesday afternoon.

It's 34 in K-ville right now. I bet it's chilly in CC.

Back