• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Vintage Bikes

Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Woo-Hoo Vintage bike section! Ive read where some say vintage is over 30years and classic is 25 and older. Really any vehicale in good running condition over 25 years is amazing. Accidents, wrecks, and finding parts becomes very diffacult. Keeping them in good running order is just as hard. Its easy to push them to the back of the garage. This is a 1974 Honda CB550 four. Its not original but I still like it. Road it around last weekend with my Bell3/4 helmet. I would like to see other Vintage/Classic bikes on here.
1975.jpg

My 1979 Yamaha RD-400F Daytona Special

Attachments

• EPS.jpg
    EPS.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 223
Here are a couple of mine from a 2009 ride at LBJ Grasslands.

grass3.jpg

heres a few of my 1976 kaw kh 100 with 413 org miles. picked it up from the org owner for ,get this FREE. did i say free? yep, my boss bought it new in nov 1975 and had it since. he knew i was into bikes, so he hooked me up. i did do some work on his spa, but that would have only been about $100 so i said just call it even.
B,that bike you got right there is just plain SEXY!!! i got a woody now seeing that ride.
KAWKH100025.jpg
KAWKH100024.jpg
KAWKH100022.jpg
KAWKH100021.jpg
KAWKH100020.jpg
KAWKH100013.jpg

79 KZ1000ST
KawKZ1000ST003.jpg

79 Triumph T140E
0906101201a.jpg

Project Bike 73 Moto Guzzi 850 Eldorado California
GuzziPicsDec12-5-10007.jpg

Indian in avatar was done for a old friend several years ago...

No Trailer Queens Here-----RIDE EM

Last edited:
B,that bike you got right there is just plain SEXY!!! i got a woody now seeing that ride.

Thanks Red. Everything on it I like to think is period correct. I still got the org pipes and seat. But tank,side cover, and emblems are not correct colors for year model. Free and only 413 miles? What did he buy it for? You! It looks like it cleaned up real nice. Im gonna try to get my little Kawi out this weekend.

@Tim Kreitz - Mongrel? That's one handsome cur.

Heh-heh. Thanks. :mrgreen:

I call it a mongrel because the tank, bodywork, seat, bars, and some of the engine bits are from other KZ variants. Plus, I repainted it in Superbird Orange. It's definitely a mutt, just like me.

:thumb:

EdSidders and Tim Kreitz coming out with the big KZ1000's very nice from 2 oppisite sides of the track. 1 for touring 1 looks pure muscle. I like that Superbird orange looks like that old zx-7 orange.
EdSidders wheres the rest of the Guzzi?
Thanks Monkey Wrench for the pics looks like 64 is the oldest so far!
All these bikes look great really like seeing them getting ridden and used.

Here are my two vintage bikes. I have owned them both for a long time.

GS1000s.jpg

Thanks!

This is what it looked like the first time I got done with it in 1985:

H2old.jpg

Not sure if I have any photos of it as purchased for $600. I'll look and see if I have any I can scan.

Im not sure whats cooler the bike or how long you've had it,and it looks to be in great shape.:hail: BIG QUESTION? How many miles have you put on this one?

Im not sure whats cooler the bike or how long you've had it,and it looks to be in great shape.:hail: BIG QUESTION? How many miles have you put on this one?

I have no clue to be honest. I only ride it a few hundred miles a year now if that. It used to get ridden a lot including commuting 90 miles a day round trip to college and then work in the summers in central NY where I grew up. The odometer currently on it reads 20K, but the 20 years it was Eddie Lawson Replica Green I used the complete Front Ends off my old 1974 and 1975 for varying periods of time.

I have had H2 750's since my senior year in High School. My 1972 has a few parts from my old 74, and 75 on it, also it has mid 80's front and rear ends off a KZ650 along with a host of other custom parts and non H2 parts including the Buell fly screen. It is not very original or stock anymore nor is it a show bike. If I had to take a swag I would guess that the parts that are still from 1972 have about 40K on them.

Is that a Black Bomber? I saw some of those at the Barber Vintage Bike Fest last year for the first time and really liked them.

My eye's been on the lookout for a decent toaster tank bmw as well.

Honestly i dont have a clue. This is a bike im semi restoring for a customer and the first classic honda of this family of bikes that ive had the pleasure of giving a second life to. I really enjoy bringing new life into old forgotten bikes. To date i have breathed life into many bikes including a '76 GT500 Buffalo that sat in a field for 20yrs, a GS 450 that hadnt been started since the 80's, a KZ 550 that was sorely neglected and also in a field and many others. Ill post some more pics when i get back to work tomorrow.

Is that a Black Bomber? I saw some of those at the Barber Vintage Bike Fest last year for the first time and really liked them.

My eye's been on the lookout for a decent toaster tank bmw as well.

The Black Bomber was a CB450 Super Sport 1965-1968
The bike Monkey Wrench has is a CB77 Superhawk 305 1961-1968

Back