• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Vintage Bikes

then theres a neo-vintage bike in the stable
001-3.jpg

Here's my '77 CB550F. It was running when I got it, but the PO had put on some mismatching, leaking pod intakes and it ran like crap. I gathered up all the intake pieces it was missing, replaced the starter switch, patched the wiring harness, replaced the cam chain tensioner, rebuilt the carbs, new tires, new throttle cables, etc. It's not a show winner but I polished up all the chrome and some of the aluminum and she's a looker. I usually get comments everywhere I go. I'll be getting the seat redone and getting it painted sometime. Last two pics were taken 2 years ago under the tollway bridge they're building in Rowlett. I've since added some YSS shocks, very nice.
IM000230.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

Hmm. My across-the-street neighbor's stepson showed up with an identical 550 about 2 years ago, & drooled over it. By any chance, do you have a stepdad in south Arlington?

Lovely bike. And I had the same headers on my '72 400 Supersport.

These pix were taken in Feb '09. That's my neighbor's stepson's bike. Different header system on this one. Still............

PS - This was the moment at which I realized I was about to start riding again.

Attachments

• DSC_0029.JPG
    DSC_0029.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 199
  • DSC_0030.JPG
    DSC_0030.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 183
Nope, can't say I have any relatives out that way tshelfer. I think the 400F pipes are even nicer than these somehow. Fiddyone that dog in your avatar looks hilarious, he's probably spreading drool all over the room in that pic! Is that a Dane?

Fiddyone that dog in your avatar looks hilarious, he's probably spreading drool all over the room in that pic! Is that a Dane?

He is a Great Dane and the drool has been really bad this summer. Show him a treat and its like turning on a faucet.

Heres a pic of my 74 CB550 I took it for the scavenger hunt and didnt use it. I was about to throw it out but I'll just throw it up in here again. Those Supersport pipes make mine look bad.
IMAG0224-1-1.jpg

You should come to the meetup in Frisco tonight. I'll be on my VFR as I've got an electrical gremlin to chase on my 550. Probably my own doing :doh:

You should come to the meetup in Frisco tonight. I'll be on my VFR as I've got an electrical gremlin to chase on my 550. Probably my own doing :doh:

Dang if I hadn't been up in Arkansas this past weekend I would have came out their. Did you get your electrical problem worked out?

Yeah, like an idiot I didn't check my load out and it ended up being the turn signal itself that was the problem. The grounding strap just broke in half :brainsnap and now I'm having a problem finding that syle light on the web. Oh well if all else fails I'll just get a new set all around, or just take them off completely.

Back