• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What did you do in the garage today?

Finally got into the garage this afternoon and really wanted to listen to tunes. I didn't pay much attention to the Allman Bros. sound quality off y'allToob, but used my old mp3 Sony today. Had to emory cloth the smoke-caked RCA's to get a good connection, and there were drop outs and off sounds galore. I tried some gentle percussive maintenance, and one bap of the rubber butt of my little electric drill, produced a sudden blast of fidelity and volume.
Allrightie then!! Got a full can of CRC QD Electrical cleaner with it's name on it for tomorrow.
Still amazed any of that old stuff actually works. Very motivated now to fix my Onkyo that I have a 42yr relation with.
About the same with my Nakamichi, and I have a buttload of unlabeled cassettes to go through. Why not?

Vinyl in the garage? Who can say?:loco:

Finally got into the garage this afternoon and really wanted to listen to tunes. I didn't pay much attention to the Allman Bros. sound quality off y'allToob, but used my old mp3 Sony today. Had to emory cloth the smoke-caked RCA's to get a good connection, and there were drop outs and off sounds galore. I tried some gentle percussive maintenance, and one bap of the rubber butt of my little electric drill, produced a sudden blast of fidelity and volume.
Allrightie then!! Got a full can of CRC QD Electrical cleaner with it's name on it for tomorrow.
Still amazed any of that old stuff actually works. Very motivated now to fix my Onkyo that I have a 42yr relation with.
About the same with my Nakamichi, and I have a buttload of unlabeled cassettes to go through. Why not?

Vinyl in the garage? Who can say?:loco:
I have an old Onkyo I bought in 82 or 83 that provides tunes for PPSS, if I remember I will post up a pic for you.

I have an old Onkyo I bought in 82 or 83 that provides tunes for PPSS, if I remember I will post up a pic for you.

'82 is my vintage also, but it was used. Dead, actually. A guy brought it to my shop after spilling a bowl of chili in it (swear!) and asked 20 bucks for it and was buying a new one from my friends next door. About 6 bucks of parts and a lot of scrubbing on the amp board, and Bob's yer uncle.
It basically suffers from old amp syndrome, probably lots of oxidized solder joints and pots and buttons and.......

What do you need a shock for?
Hiccups? Or maybe to make Mr. Motorcycle behave? Possibly to win races? Most likely to have a nice plus back end on Mr. Motorcycle so Mr. Sharp Edged Bump doesn't make Mr. Buttocks upset. But, I actually have no idea, but I thought I would jump right in anyway, as this is the internet, therefore I am an expert. Gotta love it. I will post up an Onkyo pic if I remember tomorrow. I still enjoy mine, I remember buying it new right before CDs became a thing.

Hiccups? Or maybe to make Mr. Motorcycle behave? Possibly to win races? Most likely to have a nice plus back end on Mr. Motorcycle so Mr. Sharp Edged Bump doesn't make Mr. Buttocks upset. But, I actually have no idea, but I thought I would jump right in anyway, as this is the internet, therefore I am an expert. Gotta love it. I will post up an Onkyo pic if I remember tomorrow. I still enjoy mine, I remember buying it new right before CDs became a thing.
Sooo while in the Shed, preforming a search of the Internets...
Ran across this Interesting fact...
Screenshot_20240328_080522_Chrome.jpg

😎

This is for Dave. I have an old Onkyo TX-4000 in the shop. I run the tunes from my old Samsung laptop via the blueme HD Bluetooth gizmo. I have 4 bookshelf speakers of dubious origin, I can rock the scooter shop quite well. I also have a 75" TCL 4k tv in there just in case I need it.

IMG_4326.JPG

IMG_4329(1).JPG

IMG_4330(1).JPG

Oh man, you got the fancy schmancy one! That's fun to see, thanks! Mines pure analog, just like me!

Also nice to see the certificate proving you actually do belong around nuclear reactors. :lol2:

Wow, wow, wow. You've done a great job. :thumb:

Thanks, and not done yet. That back wall looks like poo (used to be a closet) and need to patch the drywall around the breaker box. It needs paint to cover that shade of Lucas Wiring Harness Smoke paint. Who chose that???

Room for one more motorcycle in there now...no judgement...just an observation. : )

With 0 of 3 running at the moment, the tasks are already daunting. But now I don't need a backhoe to find where to start!! :thumb:

Now the back room on the other hand...... :eek2:

If you can fit 3 you are pretty close to 7. Remember, the number of motorcycles you need is expressed mathmatically as:

n=the number of bikes you have.
So, n+1=the number of bikes you need, worked well for me all these years. Right now at PPSS, n=10. Hoping to whittle it down a bit, just haven't decided what will or will not go.

Back