• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What did you do in the garage today?

If you can fit 3 you are pretty close to 7. Remember, the number of motorcycles you need is expressed mathmatically as:

n=the number of bikes you have.
So, n+1=the number of bikes you need, worked well for me all these years. Right now at PPSS, n=10. Hoping to whittle it down a bit, just haven't decided what will or will not go.
Numerology Rocks my friend who doesn't ❤️ a thoughtful PPSS equation...(n+1=x2=happiness)...
A wise man once told me;
Screenshot_20240412_200118_Chrome.jpg

Just my opinion here, could be wrong
or Not...
🤷

Overwhelmed by Post Office's deliveries this morning...
So Jis screwdrivers...
TW200 parts less the manifold🥵...
Bullet Brake for the trike...
Last butttttt by no means last, dog poop bags... Screw it its lunch time...
😎
20240422_114511.jpg

Soooo after lunch and walking  CUJO, back at it in the shed...
Installed the "Bullet Brake", FYI light years ahead of Frankestine's agricultural style park brake much cheaper also...
Feeling like I can boldly park in places I haven't been able to before(picture sobbing man chasing 800 pounds of run away trike)... Plus It's hard on your street cred... Harley thing...
😎

20240422_141749.jpg

Step away from the keyboard and go for a ride... You did install the pump yesterday right???
Certainly you don't take the weekends off...

🤔

Considering the garage project and work, I haven't had a day off in a couple months. My toolbox looks like an explosion at Harbor Freight. And I am toast.

But the dust is settling, and the dreamed of goal of going in there and making repairs in a very relaxed atmosphere is at hand. :zen:

Fixed the safety shield so it would spring back like it's supposed to. Apparently there's five ways to get the spring back in place but only one works. I discovered the four ways that don't work before I hit success.

PXL_20240422_215228575.jpg

Step away from the keyboard and go for a ride... You did install the pump yesterday right???

You may be pleased to observe, sir, that today's post-dinner milling abouts in the garage relocated all the lube products from the shelf to their new/old and way easier to access home, where other important things I actually use can be found without excavation or mountain (of junk) climbing hazards.

DSCN0143.JPG

The shelf can now be used for putting items of interest and urgency front and center, such as the Sporty carb and the Bagger pump assembly.

DSCN0144.JPG

Of course a mezcal bottle with a flying kitty is important!! I'm sure the Kaw's nightmare (for me) carbs will get there soon.

And now, for an actual issue. The fuel pump has a wrap around it that has turned into some sort of petrified brittle.

DSCN0140.JPG

I'm guessing wrapping it with some innertube isn't the thing. Don't see anything online. Suggestions?

I helped a friend remove the drive shaft from his 2006 goldwing. The u-joint was about to come apart and had spread debris inside the swing arm.
I rebuilt the "non-repairable" staked drive shaft on my BMW. I used my lathe to dial in concentricity before locking the joints with spot welded washers.

IMG_0487.jpg

IMG_05261023.jpg

My rebuild of my trucks front end is coming to a close. I do still have to button up the passenger side and install the new stainless rear brake line to match the fronts and then bleed the brakes.

This has been a long (expensive) project that has resulted in uncovering new issues after fixing the obvious issues I tore into it to fix.

Initially I just needed new shocks so I cried myself to sleep after destroying my wallet by ordering a Carli Backcountry kit. I wanted something that would be pretty comfortable off-road since I spend a lot of time off pavement and this truck is going to haul my family of five to Big Bend for almost a week next winter.

Once I got into it it was clear the ball joints where shot (that’s 3rd gen Ram life for you) so I got a set of those with a lifetime warranty on them. Then I found out the drivers side front brake caliper had a piston that was all seized up. I’d figured if I was going to have to bleed the brakes I might as well replace the almost 20 year old lines too. That done I moved to the passenger side.

I got new Timken hubs and new U-joints for both sides since it was clear I was the first person to have been in here since 2006.

The passenger side moved a lot quicker but the u-joint was so rusted in on this side that I messed up the yoke pressing it out. Gotta order a new half shaft today so, once again, I’m going to be waiting on parts. I also destroyed the passenger side hub while working it loose from the knuckle. That thing was really rusted in there but fortunately I’d already planned on replacing it.

IMG_5344.jpeg

Last edited:
After work so far, got the back wall patched up, especially around the breaker box, and put in that extra outlet.
Also got rid of a good chunk of that Lucas Smoke paint color.

DSCN0152.JPG

No clue where my chunk of 12-2 romex is, so just a 15a outlet. Not paying HD prices for that. It's copper, not gold!!
This morning I thought to look on Amazonian, and the same exact cable is HALF the price! 2.00ft at HD, 1.00ft online. :doh::thpt:
I wonder if Prime delivers lumber?

Replaced garage door opener due to am electrical storm last weekend which also took out the router. I did not enjoy the install one bit!

Apparently, you've never been unemployed much. :-P
Ah I remember FOAD letters (i.e - we don't want you to work for us)

I remember papering my wall with those when I was interviewing during last semester of school. The worst was a postcard from Bell Helicopter Textron. Everyone who touched the postcard from the mailroom clerk at Bell to the postman that delivered that card knew I was loser that Bell didn't want to hire.

With my wife’s recent job search, looks like current method is to just ghost you or worst case, she had two offers pulled the day after they were made.

Back