• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

14th Annual Smokey Bear Dual Sport Motorcycle Ride

LOL, is that all!!? Actually, I asked because I've never done Cloudcroft either, but like you, would love to before quitting. Make the fixes, and lets go!

LOL, is that all!!? Actually, I asked because I've never done Cloudcroft either, but like you, would love to before quitting. Make the fixes, and lets go!
Would love to, never know it might happen. At this point not easy fixes but things change. Got to get back to feeling as close to 100% as i can first. One more out patient surgery (I hope one) then onward!! Should go back to part time work in next week or 2 hopefully.

Would love to, never know it might happen. At this point not easy fixes but things change. Got to get back to feeling as close to 100% as i can first. One more out patient surgery (I hope one) then onward!! Should go back to part time work in next week or 2 hopefully.

We can get around the plated bike part. Whenever you are ready, holler. You have a personal guide and riding partner waiting! Seriously.

We can get around the plated bike part. Whenever you are ready, holler. You have a personal guide and riding partner waiting! Seriously.
I really appreciate that!

The 2022 edition, the 14th Annual Smokey Bear Dual Sport Motorcycle Ride is a wrap!

Great week, really fun and highly skilled group of riders!

The technical riding was at all-time high!

Fun as always to have returning riders, and rookies added to the ride. The "Kids are Alright", some talented young blood returned this year as well with sharpened skills.
Nice to also have some "Two Wheeled Arizonians" join the ride this year.

We had a record number of non-riding spouses / partners attend this year! Fantastic!!!

The fire chief will let me know next week how much money we raised for the Fire Department & EMS. The fire chief is a rider and is looking for help to get the Mile High Enduro restarted.

I'll post some pictures when I get home and produce daily compliation videos.

If you have any pictures or videos you would like to include in the daily compliation videos please send them to me by private message.
Click on the envelope to start a private message, then add my username.
View attachment 326241

2023 ride dates
View attachment 326206
15th Annual Smokey Bear Dual Sport Motorcycle Ride
Monday, July 24th thru Friday, July 28th, 2023
Cloudcroft, New Mexico
Lincoln National Forest
Have read all your reports/rides since I found this site. You are to be commended for what you do for folks. :thumb: :thumb:

Ditto. I've been watching this thread with much interest, as I am headed over there on the 10th of August.

I think I have enough beta to decipher the tangle of trails in the area, but does anyone happen to have some gps tracks of the area they would be willing to PM me? I would like to make the most out of my limited time in the area.
Thanks!!!

I think I have enough beta to decipher the tangle of trails in the area, but does anyone happen to have some gps tracks of the area they would be willing to PM me? I would like to make the most out of my limited time in the area.
Thanks!!!
Or better yet, share it in our GPS section:

20220727_101924.jpg
20220727_101924.jpg

20220726_140545.jpg

20220726_105315.jpg

20220725_080825.jpg

Here are a few of my pics from the week. Thanks again Sander!!! We had a blast!

Ditto. I've been watching this thread with much interest, as I am headed over there on the 10th of August.

Thanks!!!

The NF maps are very good. You mentioned only trails so for riding those gps tracks are not really needed. You can also download the Avenza app or other and find maps there.

Attachments

• stelprdb5291372.pdf
    135.7 KB · Views: 119
  • stelprdb5413949.pdf
    5.4 MB · Views: 153
Awesome. Thanks for posting this info. I think I'm beginning to figure out the area. Really looking forward to Cloudcroft, especially after studying this entire thread.

Back