• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

14th Annual Smokey Bear Dual Sport Motorcycle Ride

Yes, from the Forest Service office.
Inside, and most of the time in the kiosk out front.

In post #1.

Map
Click the image or link below to view the map, hard copies can be obtained for free at the forest service office.
4 Lost Lodge Rd. Cloudcroft, NM 88317
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm
Phone: 575-682-2551

1656024338030-png.png
Sacramento Ranger District (Cloudcroft area)

The Motor Vehicle Use Maps (MVUM's) are your legal documents for where you can and cannot take a motorized vehicle. They show where you can legally drive, take your motorcycles, ATVs or UTVs and where you can disperse camp (aka road-side camp).

Lincoln National Forest
OHV Trail Riding

Day 1 compilation - 14th Annual Smokey Bear Dual Sport Motorcycle Ride

If anyone has any content (pictures & video) they would like me to add to the remaining daily compilations, PM me the content.

Last edited:

In post #1.

Map
Click the image or link below to view the map, hard copies can be obtained for free at the forest service office.

View attachment 326779

The Motor Vehicle Use Maps (MVUM's) are your legal documents for where you can and cannot take a motorized vehicle. They show where you can legally drive, take your motorcycles, ATVs or UTVs and where you can disperse camp (aka road-side camp).

Lincoln National Forest
OHV Trail Riding
:thumb::thumb:

Day 1 compilation - 14th Annual Smokey Bear Dual Sport Motorcycle Ride

If anyone has any content (pictures & video) they would like me to add to the remaining daily compilations, PM me the content.
:thumb: Did the fellas without a plate go everywhere? Just get in the middle of the pack on roads, etc?

Hah Ralph, I did have to show my ID to prove I was age appropriate... and height challenged.

The Beta was great until this happened, a little too low...
https://www.twtex.com/forums/thread...022-cloudcroft-new-mexico.128496/post-1846686
Beta is going to warranty it.

But still going to pick up this tomorrow for a spare.

6AC4040B-DAD9-46EB-A7D6-B4C6243DFF18.jpg

In post #1.

Map

View attachment 326779

Lincoln National Forest
OHV Trail Riding
There is a store called High Altitude Sports that sells a much better color, waterproof version for about $15.00.

I carry both maps.

Reminder though:

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. I’m going with a buddy and we’re actually found some locals to go riding with. However, if there’s any particular trails that stood out to you, please let me know the name of them and I’ll look them up.

Back