• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2013 Uncle's Around the Bend and Uncle's Desert Challenge - Mar 7-10, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
The OEM trail wings are fine on pavement, but only ok on packed dirt. And really bad in sand and really loose stuff, which is all over in BB. That's why I said anything else.

FWIW I was skeptical about slime in the tires and had never used it before our trip in october. But i must say i am a believer cause we logged around 450miles in bbrsp and i never had to change a flat while others less inclined had multiple flats. It may not be foolproof but im a believer and we covered everything we could legally ride there. Wish i was going to be able to make it with yall!

FWIW I was skeptical about slime in the tires and had never used it before our trip in october. But i must say i am a believer cause we logged around 450miles in bbrsp and i never had to change a flat while others less inclined had multiple flats. It may not be foolproof but im a believer and we covered everything we could legally ride there. Wish i was going to be able to make it with yall!

I use Ride-On sealant. Similar to Slime but optimized for high speed and continually balances. I do believe we were the only two out of seven that didn't have any flats that week.

_

I use Ride-On sealant. Similar to Slime but optimized for high speed and continually balances. I do believe we were the only two out of seven that didn't have any flats that week.

_

Yep, Slime works great... Until it doesn't work... I had good results with Ride-On as well.

IMG_7977.jpg

Just called @ 12:45pm on 12/26 and all they have left are "King Suites" (King bed & couch with pull-out bed) and RV spots. Needless to say, I opted for the King Suite... :trust:

how do we pay you? I forgot how it worked last year...

BTW I need a bike too.
You had a great time. So great, we spent $500 on your bail. Bring cash. :lol2:

What's up with your bike? It looked good last year...

Attachments

• Phil.jpg
    Phil.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 195
My wife and I are very interested in this rally and I am interested in the challenge course. We have been wanting to go to BB and even talked about it this weekend at Hidden Falls with TwoSmokeDS. Spent at least 5 hours each day on the bikes out there so hopefully if we can make it happen I will be in shape for it.

Can I register for just the Desert Challenge?

I am very interested in in the Challenge. However, I am supposed to be taking my family skiing the next week and don't know if I would be able to make the whole weekend.

There is also the possibility that could make the whole weekend if I could get a ride out and get the CRF carted back to central Texas. My wife could pick me up on the way out to New Mexico, and I could pick the bike up later.

JT, I assume you are in on this one. How are you getting there?

Just running through ideas.

What is the optimo type of tire for this ride?
- DOT Dual Purpose?
- Full Knobbies?
- Trial Tires?
FULL MX tire on front - any type - Metzler Karoo on the rear. You will love it.

I am very interested in in the Challenge. However, I am supposed to be taking my family skiing the next week and don't know if I would be able to make the whole weekend.

There is also the possibility that could make the whole weekend if I could get a ride out and get the CRF carted back to central Texas. My wife could pick me up on the way out to New Mexico, and I could pick the bike up later.

PM sent

PM me Joel. I may be able to help you out.

Called El Dorado yesterday they are sold out. I am #2 on the waiting list :-(

Backup reservation at Chisos Mining Company

Sent registration for the rally (NOT the challenge) today.

Looking forward to it!

800-371-3588

Don't procrastinate. This is the number to the El Dorado Hotel.

This is the "Rally Hotel" and where the High Sierra Bar & Grill is.

This hotel will book out completely solid and you will be lucky to grab someone's cancellation if you wait until the last minute.

i-7KsWVSh-S.jpg

Backup reservation at Chisos Mining Company

Sent registration for the rally (NOT the challenge) today.

Looking forward to it!

I just called the Chisos Mining Company and gave them my credit card info, 'Then they wanted a check for 156.00 to reserve the room.
Was that the same for you.
I told them to.......

Yes, did the same last time I stayed there. They don't cash the check, just use it to hold the room...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back