• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2015 MexTrek, Oct 15 - 18th, Galeana, Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here goes, I'm new here. I do not live in Texas but I would love to join you all on this ride. Sounds like a great time. I was born and raised in Austin, but left there 36 years ago. That should somewhat qualify me to ride. Tell ya what. Open the gate and let me cross back into Texas and I'll make sure the gate stays open for you all to cross back into Colorado. Seems fair. Also, if any of you are coming through Salida, Co. this summer, please give me a jingle. 970-379-7270. Hasta luego, Terry

The sign up spreadsheet is no longer accessible to all users, however, everyone is still welcome & encouraged to be a part of the fun.

PM me directly to sign up.

sombreroLarge.jpg

Darn Izz, I've been riding with you for a few years now and never seen your bike in such a precarious position! Let's do this ride!

Saw all the PM's, I've traveling & working pretty much solidly for a week but will get everyone in the system in the next couple of days.

Roundup time. So far we have;

philipbarrett
dmux
shadman
foxrider
texxter
kojote
JT (need room preference)
Mr Roboto (need real name, contact number ICE number, bike type & single/shared pref)
Vinny (need real name, contact number ICE number, bike type & single/shared pref)
kayakkawakid
gbc
severely (need ICE number)
Nevlec (need contact #, ICE#, bike type & room pref)
Subcomm (need ICE#, bike type & room pref)

And one 7th grade humor guy who was deleted!

The information you supply will be kept private although distributed to the riders at the meet up. This is to ensure everyone is aware of who they are with and how to help in an emergency.

95% in for the Oct trip. All depends if I get shipped off before then...

I've been waiting for a trip to Mexico on bike, this looks like the ideal one!

philipbarrett
dmux
shadman
foxrider
texxter
kojote
JT (need room preference)
Mr Roboto (need real name, contact number ICE number, bike type & single/shared pref)
Vinny (need real name, contact number ICE number, bike type & single/shared pref)
kayakkawakid
gbc
severely (need ICE number)
Nevlec (need contact #, ICE#, bike type & room pref)
Subcomm (need ICE#, bike type & room pref)
LeloTX (Waiting for sign up sheet to go live)

And live it is...

http://goo.gl/forms/ghmL6pGFBF

1) If you've already signed up and I need no further info, do nothing. Goodness knows you've practiced that long enough.

2) If you've signed up & I need further info please go to the form linked above and enter your full details (it'll take all of 45 seconds).

3) If you've not signed up (or been signed up) yet please use the form.

Thanks for bearing with us here while we experiment with what I hope will be a great way to put these rides together in the future.

We used Richard's files day 1. Day 2, I have the track saved, see attached.

Attachments

• MexTrek Galeana via Santa Inez.GPX
    890.2 KB · Views: 200
Richard's GPS track files weren't used?

Any new routes explored and added to the MexTrek files?

I don't think we did anything new however there's a route that I've taken before at a fork before you get to Puente de dios you turn left instead of right and it takes you a trail through three gates and water crossing some class 3 Trails and you end up near the town of San Juan and further come out at the other fork that goes toward cienega del toro, have you guys done that?

I want to go. Just wait till I get back from Canada

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back