• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2015 MexTrek, Oct 15 - 18th, Galeana, Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious to hear where this track trek runs thru.I was heading to the last Galeana excursion but schedules got in the way.
But frankly I'm ok because I sorta wanted to go beyond the 3-4 day trip and work my my way down into the Colonial world,so yes very interested indeed...bring it dirt dogs.

Nearly everything is class 1 or class 2. We hit a couple of spots I'd categorize as a 3 mostly because they were wet, those sections are very short though. If we do Top of the World it's an out and back so anyone could bail and enjoy the scenery at lower altitude.

There's lots of stops to admire the views, pace is moderate & no one gets left behind. What are you riding Barry?

Wow still more than four months away and already 15 people signed up. This isn't a Trek, it's turning out to be a Rally.

_

2009 F650GS Twin, so I'm riding on chrome wheels. My main concern is slowing down the group I'm with. I have been and will continue practicing off road as much as I can. Any advice is appreciated.

Barry

You can do 70% of most offroad or more depends on your offroad skills so there's plenty to ride for you, just keep practicing, no worries fellow rider

Don't sweat it Barry - I've never been down there and am bringing my beast - the 1200GS.

Don't sweat it Barry - I've never been down there and am bringing my beast - the 1200GS.

You'll be needing to wait on old Squeaky on the highway then!

Barry, you might want to look up Ulybrad on the forum here. He does fantastic dirt classes and he's running one this month I believe?

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103644

I'd be there for this one but I have to work that weekend.

You'll be needing to wait on old Squeaky on the highway then!

Barry, you might want to look up Ulybrad on the forum here. He does fantastic dirt classes and he's running one this month I believe?

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103644

I'd be there for this one but I have to work that weekend.

I can't make June but will be sure to attend at least one before we go. I looked up road classification system online and I'm feeling much more confident. I'm glad I found TWT, you all are a fantastic group. Thanks for the info.

I'm going to be sure to do this ride......but a week before the crowd hits :eek2:

I'll give everyone a high five, then head off to R14

Hey guys, getting ready to change both my tires, I've had pure offroad tires up to now, hoping to get some good advice on which is the best dual sport dot approved tire for my klx 400 ??

Hey guys, getting ready to change both my tires, I've had pure offroad tires up to now, hoping to get some good advice on which is the best dual sport dot approved tire for my klx 400 ??

After trying nearly everything, I have settled on an IRC TR8 front and a Shinko 244 rear. Great combo for all surfaces and cheap, too.

What were you running before?

My TKC80s were fabulous in Mexico both off road and on the endless, and I mean endless, paved twisties.

You'll get many different opinions. I also had pure offroad tires on my CRF250x but moved to Kenda K270s when I modded the bike to be dual sport. The K270s did well on the Moab terrain, given that they perform pretty well on pavement as well. They are supposed to be durable and the price is right.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/742/5383/Kenda-K270-Dual-Sport-Tire?term=k270

Oh gee, I would sure love to do this! Rough math says its roughly a $2500 trip and a couple shifts off work, better start saving my lunch money.....

Dude,
There are no five star resorts where we are going.
I have done the trip 3 times and probably never spent more than $500

I just did 8 days in Mexico and only spent a little over $700.

You're budgeting $2,000 for hookers and blow?

Oh, now I see, said the blind man. I wondered how it got so expensive down there all of a sudden. I think I will fit into the $500 budget category. :trust:
Oops, I forgot... I'm not even on the list. Well there you have it, just the very mention of debauchery brings 'em right outa the woodwork. :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back