• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2024 COTA MotoGP

Reaction score
So what's the head count on attending this year's MotoGP at COTA? I last went in '19, the first year the Marquez didn't win it. Covid wiped it out in '20 and '21, and then '22 and '23 were a no-go for me. This year I've got my lodging reserved in Lockhart and I'm planning on riding my W800 Cafe for the trip down. I'm doing a valve check and changing out the seat and possibly the bars beforehand, I don't bend as easily as I used to, especially for the 500+ mile round-trip. I'm headed down on 4/13 and then head home after the race. As in previous races I'll be getting a GA pass.

Last few years I've sworn it off. But, I end up going anyway. Get GA and wander around by myself till I get tired. It was hot last year. Right now I don't want to go but I'll probably end up going again with a similar trip to yours. I usually overnight in Round Rock.

I go Fridays and Saturday usually. Sunday is too crazy. Military passes usually are put up for sale a month before the race.

I did T15 seats last year, and will do that again. The sprint race on Saturday is really fun, and makes the Friday results even more important. The Sunday logistics are so much better than the first few years. Bike parking is free, little shuttle to get you to the gate, well directed traffic getting in and out. Food is expensive and not great.

I honestly got tired of the Marquez show. Never liked him, didn't like riding all the way down there just to watch him win, again. That's thankfully changed in recent years, and, honestly, the Marquez show might be interesting this year seeing how the changes affect the race.

So if Marquez wins, you'd consider it a bad race? I was doing the VIP gig at COTA, but it is just not as good as it was pre-covid. It felt rushed and low budget. I probably won't go back, save thousands of dollars watching it live on the computer.

I'll watch it in my shop. Unless someone with a helicopter invites me. Anyone? Anyone? Anyone?

I've only been to COTA once so I should go again if collectively we want to see races continue there.
Texas doesn't have a great record of supporting motorsports.

Only reason I went last year is because it was the same time frame as a KISS concert. It's honestly too darn long of a track for good spectating. I was in bleachers for half the race after wandering around looking for better views. The boob toob is always the best view for races and festival sized concerts.

I'm not a die hard GP follower. But being only a five hour ride and one of the biggest, if not the largest, non HD oriented motorcycle event in Texas, it's worth the trip and time. Just checking out the free motorcycle parking area for some amazing machines is awesome. And it just feels so cool to ride in with thousands of other riders, one of the few times bikes either are equal, maybe even exceed, the number of cars that show up.

All should attend the Handbuilt Motorcycle show as well. I'm not a huge fan of a style of most of the bikes in there, but craftsmanship and variety of bikes is astonishing. And the 100 bikes out in the parking lot can be fun, too. They've had a wall of death the last few years and other fun distractions...

I like to support the circus. It would be a shame of we lost it due to low turnout. For me its not just about watching the race, its walking around, being around bikes, talking to like minded folks. The Handbuilt show off campus is a great adder, as are some pretty cool roads in the area. I'm lucky to have friends in the area to stay with, so that's a great excuse for a visit.

Where else am I going to wear my Ducati Corse team shirt anyway?

I don't even bother to look at ticket prices cause I cannot justify it even though I'd love to go. It will be great to see Marquez competing on comparable machinery as last years champions. If anyone has a race viewing party at their place, I'd love to ride over and see the race :-)

My biggest complaint is the screwing over of the GA folks when they turn off the TV's for the race. :(

Will be there sat and sunday t15 sec 2
only missed due to COVID
have managed to sit home straight turn 1 ga , t12 couple of times in 15.

I go Fridays and Saturday usually. Sunday is too crazy. Military passes usually are put up for sale a month before the race.
They are already up on GovX. $50 + fees for all 3 days with turn 12 seats. I’m going with a few buddies, my wife, and my daughter. It’ll be my wife’s first time at a live race, and my daughter’s second.

Ducati Island is neat and the free bike parking and the Ducati Girls. Used to you can pay and get your picture taken with them. Probably this year too for you old timers :trust:
I also like the dealer bike area (can't remember name)

Last edited:
You guys are kill'n my buzz.

... I think it'll be a spectacle, or at least I hope it is.

Exactly why I swear it off and end up going anyway. The perceived spectacle gets to me. And maybe I'll get to see the man I love to hate put up some kind of show.

Back