• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2024 COTA MotoGP

USA Trackhouse Team could be interesting . Aprilia bikes wearing the American flag. Can they be competitive? I just read about them recently. Are they racing 2024. I think so?

The fact that he'd get way out front and we'd have to sit there waiting to see who was going to come in second just made it boring.
Sounds like the Hamilton and Verstappen years in F1 :-( It just gets boring.

I've never watched it from my T15 seats so I think that'll just be a thrill on it's own. I lose those seats after 2026 so need to experience it at least once.

Anyhoo, going with a few friends so even if the racing isn't all that, the ride and weekend ought to still be fun.

Last edited:
Nope, I will be at the Fandango in Fredericksburg that weekend.

My biggest complaint is the screwing over of the GA folks when they turn off the TV's for the race. :(
Have they ever done this? I've done GA for many years, and the big screens all around the track have been on constantly. Even from the stands, the TV's are the only way to really follow who's in which position, passes on other parts of the track, etc.

I usually sit in turn 2. They'll have all the coverage on the screens till the main event and then off go the screens. I've also sat under the bridge by turn 15 and the TV's stay on for the grandstands.

Well, guess I gotta go. It's the 75th anniversary season and I like to show up for special anniversaries.... 5, 10, 25, 50 and such.

Not sure if it's the same for MotoGP but F1 GA folks get more and more hosed each year with new grandstands going up in premium locations.

Even when I've had grandstand seats or suite access, my favorite spot to watch is on the hill at Turn 6. Positioned the right way, you can see from the exit of T2/bridge into T8. The TV out there has been on some years and not in others. If the TV isn't on, I end up walking back toward T1. They put grandstands there for F1 at some point but it's always been available as grassy hillside during MotoGP.

My favorite place to watch would be on the top of a 250.000 dollar Luxury motorhome diesel pusher. Just one problem :lol2:
I have dry camped I think three times and that was the cats rear.
I will wait till the last minute to decide because I ride and do general admission. One year I did turn 15 but left to the grassy knoll.

If you are GA and weather is iffy, under the bridge after the T15 grandstands is the place to be.

I used to drive a courtesy cart for the Med Center every year, until some TravCo Barney Fife had to puff his chest a couple of years back. Wanted to see my driver’s license, told him I was driving a golf cart on private property, so nope! Haven’t been back.

Not sure if it's the same for MotoGP but F1 GA folks get more and more hosed each year with new grandstands going up in premium locations.
I stopped going when they instituted the NO FOOD and ONE water bottle policy and checked your bags on entry to confirm this. No coolers allowed also. I've been to a LOT of different tracks over the decades and never have heard of limiting food/drink to any of the others. This was a first. And last.

We take food water and beverages into the dry camping and just walk out the gate and chow down. We have a grill going and ice chests full. You are correct to go into gate only one bottle of water. They want to sell you food and drink and they don't take cash.
Their rules I just want to see the red white and blue American race team on two Aprillias with european riders. Its a step heading toward the next Nicky . I also want to see ping pong on a Ducati.

We take food water and beverages into the dry camping and just walk out the gate and chow down. We have a grill going and ice chests full. You are correct to go into gate only one bottle of water. They want to sell you food and drink and they don't take cash.
Their rules I just want to see the red white and blue American race team on two Aprillias with european riders. Its a step heading toward the next Nicky . I also want to see ping pong on a Ducati.
YEP. Their rules is why I don't go anymore. No other race track venue in the USA I've been to does this...not even in California! Pretty crazy. Now that they turn off the jumbotrons to the GA, wow, I'm certain not to waste my money there.

I remember thinking when MotoGP first came to Texas, there was no way I was going to miss it. As things turned out, I have yet to attend one. Well this year is different. I have a girlfriend that has family in Sequin and we're going to stay there. Thanks to @Maverick2076 I just learned about GovX and now have two seats in T12, section 5 for the weekend. $115 well spent I assume. I will probably trailer my new Moto Guzzi V7 850 Stone SE to Sequin and ride back and forth on it. Lodging was always a major concern ($$$) in the past, so it seems quite affordable this year and about darn time.

I remember thinking when MotoGP first came to Texas, there was no way I was going to miss it. As things turned out, I have yet to attend one. Well this year is different. I have a girlfriend that has family in Sequin and we're going to stay there. Thanks to @Maverick2076 I just learned about GovX and now have two seats in T12, section 5 for the weekend. $115 well spent I assume. I will probably trailer my new Moto Guzzi V7 850 Stone SE to Sequin and ride back and forth on it. Lodging was always a major concern ($$$) in the past, so it seems quite affordable this year and about darn time.

You might want to check your maps, pretty sure there is no place spelled "Sequin". ;-)

If you haven't been before and are car driving and have a faraway parking spot, bring cash. Support the folks running the bicycle taxis, it's worth it, especially at the end of the day when you've been walking all over COTA and can have a fun ride back to your car. Last time we went there were a zillion bicycle taxis, but somehow we ended up with the same person at the end of the day that picked us up in the morning.

So what is the dry camping situation? There was a privately owned spot a few years ago but I think it closed, is there anything close?
Thanks

Back