• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2024 Motorcycle Grand Tour of Texas

From the FAQ:

"22. Can I request a specific tour flag number?

Flag numbers are not set-aside upon request. Doing so would slow down the process to distribute tour flags. Tour flags are mailed out to tour riders in the order in which they registered (i.e. The first flags mailed are mailed to the folks that registered first).
"
My bad. Sorry

From the FAQ:

"22. Can I request a specific tour flag number?

Flag numbers are not set-aside upon request. Doing so would slow down the process to distribute tour flags. Tour flags are mailed out to tour riders in the order in which they registered (i.e. The first flags mailed are mailed to the folks that registered first).
"
Interesting, that only says they are mailed out in the order in which they are registered. It's in response to the request for specific number but it doesn't actually say anything about how the numbers are assigned. They could be assigned in reverse alphabetical order, and still mailed out in the order of registration. Not saying that's how it works, but the presented answer to the question doesn't actually align, you know, except the part about not being able to request a specific number.

2020 Tour - Registered at 7:56a on 1/11, number was 304
2021 Tour - Registered at 5:27a on 1/1, number was 69 (yeah!)
2024 Tour - Registered at 12:09a on 1/1, number is 42.

David has always issued numbers in order of registration date/time.

I must have signed up earlier this year.

PXL_20240226_215832982.MP-L.jpg

I registered about 10 days ago but haven't seen my number in email or received flag in mail. Any idea how long its supposed to take?

From the GTT website:

Where is My Tour Flag?​

The delivery times of the US Postal Service vary significantly. If you registered in February, your tour flag will be in the mail by the middle of March. If you don't receive it by the 2nd week of April, please let me know.

There are a couple of folks who registered in January that did not complete the AMA waiver. I sent them multiple email reminders. Be sure to check your email's spam folder. Your flags will be mailed only after your have completed the waiver.

I'll now start verifying the waiver status of the folks that registered in February.

From the GTT website:

Where is My Tour Flag?​

The delivery times of the US Postal Service vary significantly. If you registered in February, your tour flag will be in the mail by the middle of March. If you don't receive it by the 2nd week of April, please let me know.

There are a couple of folks who registered in January that did not complete the AMA waiver. I sent them multiple email reminders. Be sure to check your email's spam folder. Your flags will be mailed only after your have completed the waiver.

I'll now start verifying the waiver status of the folks that registered in February.
Thanks !!

From the GTT website:

Where is My Tour Flag?​

this was right on money, I got it last friday in mail ..

Just a reminder, on March 30, Texas Sidecar Company (stop # 4) will be doing an Open House/Meet and Greet in Donie from 10 AM till 2 PM.
He does provide a lunch and Lone Star Rider (tag # 50) is supposed to be there.
Donie is only 12 miles from the Teague Hotel (stop # 3).
An easy way to get 3 stops at once.

I plan on running up there, as well as grabbing Rusk while out that way.

Just a reminder, on March 30, Texas Sidecar Company (stop # 4) will be doing an Open House/Meet and Greet in Donie from 10 AM till 2 PM.

You are going to be done before I get started this year. :doh:

I'm aiming to be up there as well. And if Simmons1 showed up, I'd even buy his lunch! :trust::rofl:

You are going to be done before I get started this year. :doh:
Well, that is not the plan, but...

After this, everything else will be at least overnight.

I am looking at doing a overnight to south Texas (not Brownsville) and the southern 3 of the Hill Country on an overnight (maybe this coming Monday/Tuesday?).\
The rest will probably be a week at the end of April (I have 2 weeks off).

I am a little range limited on my BMW, 500 miles/8 hours is my max before my butt is on fire.
The Goldwings I could do 600+ miles/12 hours easily.
This coming multiday trip will be what determines on what I do with the BMW (either get a Russell Day Long or sell the bike and get another GW).
Love the bike, just not as comfortable for long distance as the Wing was.

Last edited:
Rode down to Port Lavaca took picture of light house . On the way home going thru East Bernard glanced over at Dairy Queen and there was Lone Star Rider . Went inside and had nice conversation with Rex and David Canada . Went outside and got my picture with Rex . Great day to be out .

IMG_2790.jpeg

IMG_2796.jpeg

Heading up to Donie in the morning tomorrow, with a stop across the street from the coffee shop in Navasota and Kyle Field in College Station before I get there...

Heading up to Donie in the morning tomorrow, with a stop across the street from the coffee shop in Navasota and Kyle Field in College Station before I get there...
You getting Teague while there? Only 12 miles From Donie.

I'm doing Rusk, Teague, and Donie tomorrow.
Plan on leaving Katy around 7, it will put me in Donie around noon

You getting Teague while there? Only 12 miles From Donie.

I'm doing Rusk, Teague, and Donie tomorrow.
Plan on leaving Katy around 7, it will put me in Donie around noon

I am, Teague after Donie, last stop of the day. Leaving here at 6, should be in Donie around 11.

Back