• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

3rd Annual Around the Bend

Whoa, just booked a room at the El Dorado hotel in Terlingua and it was $115 + tax per night. :eek2:

A little more than I expected. I may end up camping/sleeping in my truck to save some cash. :doh:

I'm sure you could find 1, 2 or 3 guys to pile in there with you and bring the cost down.

Chisos Mining Company has cabins that sleep 3-5 for around $105.

Hmm... That looks like it is only about 4 miles away from Hotel meeting center.

Even better, it's next door to Kathy's Kosmic Kowgirl Kafe. You can just walk over for breakfast and the riders meeting.

On the same subject, Wildhorse Station is a few miles north of Study Butte and has full size trailer houses (they call them cabins) at reasonable prices. If I recall correctly, Milton paid about $50 a night for one at last year's ride.

From Cowhead Ranch, inquired about Thursday to Saturday nights, for 3 people:

Hey Peter, Glad to hear from you, 10.00 dollars per. person per. nite, three or more. is 10.00 two or less is 15.00....coffee in the morning...... oh and bring your own bed roll, if need be I can help with that....Let me know if I can be of any further assitance. Be Safe & Be Happy.......A Friend Chris

Anybody with cojones will sleep right next to the KKK firepit, and be first in line when Kathy opens up for breakfast & coffee.

All this chit chat about a place with a roof and 4 walls has me believin' that a bunch of lil' kittens is about to invade west tejas.

:eek2:

I like my warm bed and hot shower, but I do like the early mornin chill at Kathy's and the heat from the firepit, and a hot plate of huevos y jamon y una taza de cafe.

Please leave me the chair facing the bus, away from the road. Thank you. :trust:

I am 90% in. Richard, how long do we have to register to ensure we get tshirts and a guide?

Feb 11th. I have to end registration 2 weeks before the event so I have enough time to get all the shirts printed.

Richard,
Do you anticipate running out of room at Uncle's place?
All I really need is a place to park my truck and trailer, I'll sleep in the back.

Paul
05 KLR 650

Richard,
Do you anticipate running out of room at Uncle's place?
All I really need is a place to park my truck and trailer, I'll sleep in the back.

Paul
05 KLR 650

Paul,

There should be more than enough room at Gareth Park, the property next door to Uncle's place. It's private property but the owner lets us use it during the event.

Lodging reservations secured, new tires enroute, trailer arranged. All in now :rider:

Anybody with cojones will sleep right next to the KKK firepit, and be first in line when Kathy opens up for breakfast & coffee.

All this chit chat about a place with a roof and 4 walls has me believin' that a bunch of lil' kittens is about to invade west tejas.

:eek2:

Where are you planning to sleep, Bob?
On the ground?

Where are you planning to sleep, Bob?
On the ground?

756026055_4bawn-M.jpg

And this is my RV driver, Salma:

756031935_D7imN-M.jpg
I'm coming and buying drinks for everyone if you can get Selma to do that "snake dance" like she did in "From Dusk 'til Dawn" at the Starlight. I got dibs on the tequila scene reenactment.:lol2:

Salma will come and do the snake dance but she kinkly asks you to remember that Selma is a town in Alabama :lol2:

Back