• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

WAY West Tx 3rd Annual - Chihuahuan Desert Hard Dual Sport Ride

Found it.

1641742973414.png

So thinking about this loose plan for exploration.

1641743238522.png

Dam, mark...boy u sure don't lollygag around, huh? it hadn't been 24 hrs since we spoke about this shindig, and here you already pulled the trigger on booking a room at days inn.:lol2:

Haha 😂
Per Sander - book a room on the inside of the property by the pool. It’s a lot quieter

Just booked, I'm actually going out the Sunday before since I can work anywhere, I'll work during the day, and thanks to mountain time bonus I can hiking and explore Mon, Tues and Weds afternoons.

Note I found the Priceline app has the best TOTAL price, better than the Priceline website. I have to watch my dollars now that I own another KTM.

I also booked at days inn and early as well. Those looking to snag a ride to save the 1200 plus miles round trip message me. I can bring you and your bike back on Sunday but on the way there I can get your bike weekend before and maybe someone can ride share with you there.

I booked at the Days Inn. Looking forward to round 3 (for me) in Las Cruces. I have brought a different tool each time - XR650, XR400 and YZX this year.

I use to have a Tshirt that said why ping when you can thunder haha :lol2:. I wore that shirt to threads.
I'm doing my part to balance it back the other way, two orange thumpers are heading that way!!

1644935411607.png

I wish this didn’t conflict with the Uncles rally in Big Bend. Both events are listed on this same site for the same weekend.
Dang it man!

A month early.

Those vids and the ones you posted earlier look like great traction in the POV videos but once you get the third person viewpoint you can see the tire spinning is prettt bad.

I also booked at days inn and early as well. Those looking to snag a ride to save the 1200 plus miles round trip message me. I can bring you and your bike back on Sunday but on the way there I can get your bike weekend before and maybe someone can ride share with you there.

I'm interested in riding out with you.

But only if there aren't any non PIERER Mobility Group brands in the trailer.

I started prepping the XR400 (the best trail bike of all time) because the koolaid I drank is already tasting bad, but I have to drink more now to make sure, since I already own it.

Last edited:
Finishing up the bike & packing, Kshaw are heading out tomorrow morning.

Maybe we will do some pre-ride recon...some from 2020, under I-25 to the Dona Ana Mountains.

Last edited:
Back