• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

WAY West Tx 3rd Annual - Chihuahuan Desert Hard Dual Sport Ride

Keith just pointed out the location of some Saturday night fun.

030522 Season Opener.png

1646090195921.png

Last edited:
Unfortunately I will be unable to make it for this event. Dang it! Work has got me covered up.
You all enjoy the riding.

Was a fantastic trip and loved it. Couldn’t ask for a better group of guys. I ended up crashing pretty hard and I want to give a huge heartfelt thank you to everyone who helped me out. Won’t forget it. Ended up breaking my wrist and arm in 2 places.

Attachments

• BB7B65B5-F559-43E9-963D-FD45361183B3.jpeg
    BB7B65B5-F559-43E9-963D-FD45361183B3.jpeg
    182.2 KB · Views: 113
Extremely agree on the group, sometimes it was hard to help as everyone jumped in so fast!

KShaw is a very good rider, resiliant and learning more every ride.
He's only ridden about 55 hours total off-road.
Recently, twice he has ridden his bike up technical sections I pushed my bike up.

And even after the fall he was great fun at the Saturday night farewell dinner.

Last edited:
Was a fantastic trip and loved it. Couldn’t ask for a better group of guys. I ended up crashing pretty hard and I want to give a huge heartfelt thank you to everyone who helped me out. Won’t forget it. Ended up breaking my wrist and arm in 2 places.
Well, the good news is that your wrist is not sprained…..right? You are one tough dude to wait until back in SA to have that taken care of - or was it the beer?

It is a really sweet video, single track following, getting the rest of us on little hill climbs, sneaking in still pics that coincides with the video location, flowy music....thanks for taking the time Sander. Makes it look like the group sort of knows what they are doing ;-) And I saw that spot where you threw down your 2 smoke cause you were really wanting a 500 ha ha!!

1647006579568.png

1647005446172.png

Note the flatten ATV at in the video.

RacerX and I went back the next day and he took this picture. It was pulled out of the ravine to the left. The seat and some other plastic was still in the ravine.

Last we heard, the ATV is in the back of a wrecked Toyota pick up, being pulled by another wrecked Toyota pickup on I25...

flat.png

Last edited:
“the ATV is in the back of a wrecked Toyota pick up, being pulled by another wrecked Toyota pickup on I25...”

that there is funny.

Back