• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

4th Annual Chihuahuan Desert Hard Dual Sport Ride

IMG_20230227_175436_520.jpg

IMG_20230227_175512_956.jpg

IMG_20230227_175423_063.jpg

What a great ride! The level just keeps getting raised it was truly a HARD dual sport ride.

I was worried about the weather the first day turned out I overdressed as it took about a minute of sand for the sweat to start flowing.

The next two days were absolutely perfect it really is a dry cool.

Great varied group of riders both on the trail and the lively dinners at night!

Driving in tonight nursing my truck on the up hills, the fix the Nissan dealership did this morning held to about Fort Hancock but the experience that I've gained modulating the throttle trying to maintain traction on hills helped me stay just slightly below where the engine would miss.

As I know I have fewer days to ride ahead that I've already completed I'm really glad when I can get away for awesome trips like this, with an awesome group!

Ditto brother!!! Good solid trip and could definitely feel the ride being more technical and fun!!! You crushed the routing and tracks. Thank you for all your work/effort!

1678196366844.png

Sorry about the Nissan issues. Went through my fair share of Nissan fun with one of my daughter's cars, 2013 Xterra. Chased my tail with car missing, dying etc., with no CEL. The problem felt either electrical or fuel or tranny. Still no CEL in memory. Lately it was getting worse and worse, finally after like 12 months of this intermittent problem, with scanner I could see a recent crank shaft sensor code. I replaced it for like $50, it's been good for like 2 weeks now. The sensor had like small fillings from years of the flywheel/bendex mating, I wondered if the sensor was fine but just covered in metal dust throwing off the triggering. Fingers crossed either way. Good luck with yours. I would rather be riding than working on Nissans!!!

1678196321659.png

Our New Mexico representative, TimeODay, did a solo Alamo Canyon ride on Sunday.

Back