• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AARP riders

Started in '72, been several years now though. I'll still put my money on C-Land..
Have at it, I'll take Cycleland any day, forest is all whooped out, rutted up, and roots galore. I've been riding the forest since 1975, not near the same place now. Maybe you just a have a bad taste left for C-land?

Reactions: my6
Yeah woodsguy I'm definitely sore today !!

So Cycleland may be rough gnarly trails but what a traing ground

Just yesterday Cycleland members kicked some butt :

Morgan Michalka 2nd overall, Jackson Davis 4th overall and Jay Naverro 5th overall at the Sandwinder Enduro

Martin Howell 1st overall and Zach Carter 4th overall at Hare Scramble race in Cabot Arkansas

Hunter Smith 1st in Open A at Big Buck GNCC

All came from many many miles at Cycleland

Jay is an extremely talented rider but 5th overall surprised me. Beat a lot of AA riders! Martin is always on the gas!

Last edited:
Have at it, I'll take Cycleland any day, forest is all whooped out, rutted up, and roots galore. I've been riding the forest since 1975, not near the same place now. Maybe you just a have a bad taste left for C-land?
Why so defensive? You're acting like I insulted your ancestral estate. I'm just talking about some dirt trails. Huh?

So true

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1677118041169.jpg
    FB_IMG_1677118041169.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 89
Why so defensive? You're acting like I insulted your ancestral estate. I'm just talking about some dirt trails. Huh?

Irish, woodsguy is not being defensive but you are always on here with opinions on trails, riding areas etc... and honestly from the years of excuses on here why you didn't / don't ride I'm not sure if you've actually ridden in years. Some time ago I mentioned I had a good finish at an enduro and you called me a sandbagger because I ride at Cycleland ( you said oh one of those Cycleland sandbaggers)and you and I have not ever met, ever !!!
I'm sure you are probably a nice guy that loves riding / dirt bikes and we'd probably get along just fine but you might think every now and then before you post
All that said I'd be happy to have you as my guest at C Land

Irish, woodsguy is not being defensive but you are always on here with opinions on trails, riding areas etc... and honestly from the years of excuses on here why you didn't / don't ride I'm not sure if you've actually ridden in years. Some time ago I mentioned I had a good finish at an enduro and you called me a sandbagger because I ride at Cycleland ( you said oh one of those Cycleland sandbaggers)and you and I have not ever met, ever !!!
I'm sure you are probably a nice guy that loves riding / dirt bikes and we'd probably get along just fine but you might think every now and then before you post
All that said I'd be happy to have you as my guest at C Land
Thank you for the invite. I think maybe you have mis-interpreted my posts and humor. And since Covid I have not ridden much. Loss of long time riding partners due to old age or passing has taken a toll. Main riding area has been totally closed due to hurricane damage for years is also a factor. I have many many miles at C-Land since it began as a member or riding enduros over thirty years +. I have ridden natl enduros, 2 Day Qualifiers and HS from MS to OR. I have experienced a lot of different terrain and trails. If I state C-Land is the choppiest and chewed up trail "I" have ridden that is a truthful statement no one can refute. MY experience is MY experience alone.

I used to ride the national forest with a friend from the desert , he did mention a time or two about how much open land riding was more enjoyable then woods riding , I’ll add to that as to how much more enjoyable woods riding was 35 years ago then now when the trails were diverse rather than the boreing routes the forest service decided we’re best for us . I went once in 05 to try out a new bike and have no desire to go back . Give me west Texas northwest colorado or Wyoming any time . For close to my winter home the E bike is doing so well I bought another one Saturday . A mile of pavement between me and 50 miles or more of single track and improved bike trails and there’s scenery on the bike trails .

Your opinion is good for you, BUT doesn't make it right or wrong! ha
It is totally 100% right for ME compared to all other trails I have ridden. What part of that concept is so hard to understand??? Nowhere did I say C-Land was the choppiest, chewed up trail system. that exists Reading comprehension is a thing. Honest!

Been crying all winter it's too cold, lol, well today it's HOT.

Agree with this but getting hard not to throw the towel in.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1689452741779.jpg
    FB_IMG_1689452741779.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 54
Back