• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Around the Bend Feb 28 - Mar 3, 2024

These are the guys registered, in the WhatsApp group, and are getting regular updates. If your name is on the list then you *should* be getting updates:

Adrian Dominguez
Alan Edwards
Allen Freeman
Andrew Parker
Andy Graham
Bart Thomas
Bobby Weathersbee
Brad Perry
Brandon ivy
Bryan
Charlie Singstad
Chris Crow
Christopher Jon Rawson
Clint Blume
Colin Schneider
Conner Harrison
Daniel Youngblood
David Bumpas
David Kobierowski
David Snelgrove
Donny Stuart
Drew Daniels
Emery Hamilton
Emiliano Quevedo
Emily Chastain
Enrique Sanchez
Eric Drudge
Eric Neria
Erick Reyna
George Ferguson
Heath Deville
Heffelfinger Jonathan
Jai Vishnuvarman
Jake Hopps
Jason Siefert
Jeff Elliott
Jeff Johnson
Jeffery V. Johnson
Jeremy Jameson
Jim Bender
Jim Chastain
Jim Delzer
Jim Zeigler
Joe LeBrecque
Joe Whalen
John Riley
John Thompson
Julio Gomez
Ken Flanagan
Ken murphy
Ken Webb
Kenny Klein
Kevin Schroat
Kurt Ours
Larry Pettis
Leo Thibodeaux
Marshall Thomas
Matt O’Connor
Matthew Coupin
Michael Amadei
Michael Fuller
Michelle Farrell
Michelle Farrell
Mitja Peterman
Nick Gilbreath
Patrick Phillips
Paul Jones
Paul Jones
Paul Kemp
Paul schoelen
Peter Marsh
Peter Shaddock
Phil Mudd
Refugio Ruiz
ricardo valdez
Rich Shahdad
Richard Gibbens
Richard Partida
Richard Pitts
Rob Crowley
Robert Meeks
Ross Elliott
Rusty Nash
Ryan Sandefer
scott boone
Seth Griggs
Shaun Boardman
Shawn Franklin
Steve Breen
Steve Butler
Steve Kramer
Steve Trester
Steven Michaelis
Stuart Cheverton
Talbot Richard
Terry Gilchrest
Thomas Freeman
Thomas Loupe
Tim Moore
Todd Trulock
Tony Lehrhaupt
TROY HILL
TW Jolly
Udo Erkenrath
Víctor Arias
VIctor Coots
Vinny
Von Bissing
Walt Ponivas
Willi Carville
Wyatt Davis

Free camping:

I own an acre very very close to te gas station, aka the start of every ride, in the booming metropolis of Study Butte. Looking at a map, fibd the Chili Pepper Cafe and you are in the vicinity. 8 or so minutes to the ghost town. 1 minute to gas. 1 minute to 10 minute $3 hot showers at Big Bend Resort and Adventures.

Free. Come as early as you want, stay as late as you want.

We make a wagon train circle around the campfire and set up an ex up village for bikes and hanging out.

If you are light sleeper or super early riser please look elsewhere haha.

If you like good vibes, good amigos, cerveza, tequila, motos and tents, trailers, campers, and vanlyfe this is your jam.

Send a pk with your number and I'll add you to the camping group on whatsapp.

Quiet hours 1 AM to 7 AM.

View attachment 369919

View attachment 369920

View attachment 369921

View attachment 369922

View attachment 369923

View attachment 369924

View attachment 369925

View attachment 369926

View attachment 369927
Sounds good, I will be coming in on the 24th and leaving on the 3rd. Thank you

Sweet I'm excited! I want to make stickers or some keychains for everyone this year. Would anyone be willing to work with me on a graphic design?

I'm planning on handing everything out for free
That’s awesome thank you. Sorry I’m no help on the graphics. This is a popular one just remove the letters and add new.

Attachments

• IMG_2623.jpeg
    IMG_2623.jpeg
    201.1 KB · Views: 32
Free camping:

I own an acre very very close to te gas station, aka the start of every ride, in the booming metropolis of Study Butte. Looking at a map, fibd the Chili Pepper Cafe and you are in the vicinity. 8 or so minutes to the ghost town. 1 minute to gas. 1 minute to 10 minute $3 hot showers at Big Bend Resort and Adventures.

Free. Come as early as you want, stay as late as you want.

We make a wagon train circle around the campfire and set up an ex up village for bikes and hanging out.

If you are light sleeper or super early riser please look elsewhere haha.

If you like good vibes, good amigos, cerveza, tequila, motos and tents, trailers, campers, and vanlyfe this is your jam.

Send a pk with your number and I'll add you to the camping group on whatsapp.

Quiet hours 1 AM to 7 AM.

View attachment 369919

View attachment 369920

View attachment 369921

View attachment 369922

View attachment 369923

View attachment 369924

View attachment 369925

View attachment 369926

View attachment 369927
Count me in I’ll be coming in on Friday the 23rd
254-317-1279

Attachments

• 20230921_073856.jpeg
    20230921_073856.jpeg
    537.8 KB · Views: 34
Good news bought my 2013 DR650 back and planning on going to Around the Bend. I just can't stay away and bringing one of my best friends and introduce him to dirt in BB. I found him a 2019 KLR with 400 miles on it with new helmet ,2 new bilt jackets , front and rear cameras, tank bags for $ 3500. If he didn't buy it I would have. I will try my best to carefully and patiently teach what I've learned the hard way. We will be staying at Big Bend Resort RV park

Good news bought my 2013 DR650 back and planning on going to Around the Bend. I just can't stay away and bringing one of my best friends and introduce him to dirt in BB. I found him a 2019 KLR with 400 miles on it with new helmet ,2 new bilt jackets , front and rear cameras, tank bags for $ 3500. If he didn't buy it I would have. I will try my best to carefully and patiently teach what I've learned the hard way. We will be staying at Big Bend Resort RV park
Just keep him away from river road west the first couple of days

Man I know I struggle with deep sand myself. I'm hoping to finish with Old Ore Rd.

Wow I might have to wait on other riders to hear how bad. I thought it was bad last year when I rode it when I did Around The Bend. This is my favorite road.

Hey gang,

You folks have registered but are not on Whatsapp so you are not in the loop. I want to be sure all are included...

Troy Strass
Jake Lester
David Jones
Fawn Lester
Bill Choice
Michael Morisoli
Rick Hemphill
Tim McJunkins
David Culpepper
Steven McConnell
Doug Randel
Art Garza
Mike albers
Scott Loftin
I gave up and installed WhatsApp. Soon as I tried to contact another TWT member WhatsApp display a nasty message telling me I was being flagged as spam and killed my account. So no WhatsApp for me, I have been rejected :(

I gave up and installed WhatsApp. Soon as I tried to contact another TWT member WhatsApp display a nasty message telling me I was being flagged as spam and killed my account. So no WhatsApp for me, I have been rejected :(
I'll keep you updated. You haven't missed anything.

Was out in BB a few weeks ago and thought Id pass along some recent intel. IMO River Road was in the best shape I've seen it. There are still though some sandy loose spots you have to navigate and pay attention to. Riding Black Gap for the first time (heading north towards Glenn Spring Road), the shelf was a little higher than I imagined, but doable after we stopped and picked our line. You go down it heading north and up it heading south. However, there's a hill climb between the shelf and the Glenn Springs camp sites that got my attention. Big rock outcroppings that novice riders might have some difficulties on fyi. Didnt ride Old Ore this trip- ran out of time so I cant give any info there.

132 is quite the posse! I was in big bend the week before Christmas and rode Old Ore starting from the hot springs side. It was bumpy with some exposed rock shelves about 3-4” tall. I didn’t lose my momentum on the rocks (200lbs on drz400) but I needed to stand up most of the time. Nothing was so steep or nasty that I needed to stop to plan a line. Really fun ride with great views, nothing was deeply rutted or washed out. I spooked a buck that was in the road which was pretty cool. I wish I had taken better pictures of the terrain but I was excited to ride through it and cameras make everything look flat anyways.

Attachments

• IMG_7289.jpeg
    IMG_7289.jpeg
    41.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_7274.jpeg
    IMG_7274.jpeg
    559.6 KB · Views: 36
Apparently Old Ore Road is in rough shape, according to @Trail Boss who rode it recently.

Just rode Ole Ore this weekend... Nothing too technical, it is rough, some off-camber, some washouts on the up and downs, and plenty of rocks, sand, gravel-sand, and plenty of sharp **** when your bike is tired. We did it in 2 hours with my slow ***, but stopped to take pics etc. I would have not enjoyed this on my Rally Pro, but the KTM ate it up. For those good to excellent big bike skills, it should not be a problem, but not for me. Keep hydrated. Hydrate some more, and then a bit more. The one dude with us on a T7 tore it up, no down till Black Gap.

IMO, River road west is a boring, jittery road with two hard sections that are dangerous for newer off-road riders. Beyond my opinion; every year, we have the exact same story of someone inexperience and/or underprepared, snapping a tib/fib, and then struggling with hydration and heat exhaustion. I've also seen this play out with two moderately experienced riders, separate incidents.

IMO, River road west is a boring, jittery road with two hard sections that are dangerous for newer off-road riders. Beyond my opinion; every year, we have the exact same story of someone inexperience and/or underprepared, snapping a tib/fib, and then struggling with hydration and heat exhaustion. I've also seen this play out with two moderately experienced riders, separate incidents.

Everything in BB seems to be jittery, still popping fillings back in. I liked RR, but it can get "long" at times. I do like the section after Mariscal to Glenn Springs. It's the desert, keep hydrating, I drank 90 ounces during the day, and about 156 ozs total per day. Some mustard, some pickle juice, and other electrolytes. Also not wearing obnoxious AdV gear which increases the sweat rate.

Back