• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Around the Bend rally - March 23 - 26, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
No you have me worried, what I really want is a firm comfy bed with a hot shower, the rest is fluff. Maybe Lajitas is a better choice, but it seems to be a little ways away. Humm, plenty of time to change the reservation.

I've heard good things about the Chiso Mining Company Motel.

Broken bed, broken furniture, 2 wire hangers, no internet & in the words of Cheech n' Chong, "not only were there no cartons, there was no TV to watch them on!"

Not that I care about the TV part really.

If your going out there to ride , the hotels will be fine . If your going out there to hang out in the hotel and talk about riding then they might not be the best .

Signatures? We don't need no stinking signatures!

Ride all day hang out with fiends take a shower and go to bed get up ride all day etc. If after you get home and your complaining about the rooms , you didn't ride hard enough

uncles201466_zps7ac0b2d7.jpg

Ride all day hang out with fiends take a shower and go to bed get up ride all day etc. If after you get home and your complaining about the rooms , you didn't ride hard enough

uncles201466_zps7ac0b2d7.jpg

Don't know about most people, but I'm only in the room to sleep and shower so a decent bed is my main prerequisite. BTW in all my years of going down, I can't remember ever even turning the TV on.

Attachments

• Thats what I said.jpg
    Thats what I said.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 251
Right

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Who is all planning to ride into Mexico? What is a popular city to visit while at BB?

Sorry, I just saw the first post about the Canyon in Mexico. I may try to ride that Thursday morning some time...

Dos y Dos: For anyone wanting to take another stab at the Dos y Dos, mark your calendar for Friday. As Richard said in his first post, there will be no organized riding events at this rally. So no trophies, no gps maps, no challenges, and nothing but groups of friends riding together for fun. That said, I will be trailering to, and then riding, the east end of the park on little bikes on Friday and hope many of my small cc bike riding friends will join me. The rough agenda is Mariscal Mine, Boquillas (Mexico) for lunch, and Hot Springs with emphasis on route planning given to whoever shows up and whatever they wanna do. Back at the front porch by 6 and Starlight for dinner.

Dos y Dos: For anyone wanting to take another stab at the Dos y Dos, mark your calendar for Friday. As Richard said in his first post, there will be no organized riding events at this rally. So no trophies, no gps maps, no challenges, and nothing but groups of friends riding together for fun. That said, I will be trailering to, and then riding, the east end of the park on little bikes on Friday and hope many of my small cc bike riding friends will join me. The rough agenda is Mariscal Mine, Boquillas (Mexico) for lunch, and Hot Springs with emphasis on route planning given to whoever shows up and whatever they wanna do. Back at the front porch by 6 and Starlight for dinner.

Count me in Peter!!

Would you consider a KTM 690 ER a 'small bike' and appropriate for what you're planning on doing? Sounds like what I'm looking for.

Would you consider a KTM 690 ER a 'small bike' and appropriate for what you're planning on doing? Sounds like what I'm looking for.

I wait with bated breath...is a 690 enduro a small cc bike? Small bike weight--big bike power. Can we be included in this jaunt?

Well I'm not one of the ride officials, but nope would be the short answer. Your 690 doesn't quite qualify as a "small bike". In this instance it was referring to something under 200cc or close there about. I'm guessing if you promised not to use more than say one third throttle, they still might let you ride along...but I doubt you can ever Jedi mind trick 'em into thinking your on a small bike.

Well I'm not one of the ride officials, but nope would be the short answer. Your 690 doesn't quite qualify as a "small bike". In this instance it was referring to something under 200cc or close there about. I'm guessing if you promised not to use more than say one third throttle, they still might let you ride along...but I doubt you can ever Jedi mind trick 'em into thinking your on a small bike.

Funny! Discouraging, but funny nonetheless. ;-)

Funny! Discouraging, but funny nonetheless. ;-)

Not knocking you here or anything but I gotta ask. Why would anyone buy the absolutely largest cc dual sport bike available only to want to ride with the 200cc or less bikes? Really curious about that.

_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back