• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Around the Bend Rally March 2nd to 5th 2023

heres a video of one of the longest roads that GPX route follows - blue ridge road.

like Mextrekadv says, looks moderate, mostly loose small rocks and sand.

excited to try it. i'm on a tenere with 50/50 dunlop trailmax, i assume it'll be fine.

I don't do gps files, don't have gps just wondering where Blue ridge rd. is not familiar with it ? We were there for "Around the Bend'' but were unable to hook up with old friends at the porch even though we went by every afternoon. We were not signed up we just show up every year.

It is absolutely a great bike out in the west desert. I just rode 25 miles of sandy singletrack yesterday without any issues. My previous adventure bike was a Yamaha Tenere 700. I manage to put 8500 miles on it before I totalled it and myself in Sept 2021.

The tuareg has a lower seat, lower CG, better stock suspension, therefore it's a little nicer to ride off-road than the T7. The cruise control is a lifesaver too. As long as the engine lasts me 40k miles before major work, I'll be happy.

View attachment 344716

View attachment 344715
This bike is getting great reviews. Have you noticed any heat issues while riding? That is the only negative thing I have heard about the bike that would keep me away from it. I had a 2013 Tiger that hot so darn hot on my thighs that it was unbearable in the summer.

This bike is getting great reviews. Have you noticed any heat issues while riding? That is the only negative thing I have heard about the bike that would keep me away from it. I had a 2013 Tiger that hot so darn hot on my thighs that it was unbearable in the summer.
A full (de-catted) exhaust and an ECU flash is the fix here. I did the same on my Versys 1000 and it is worlds better.

Yes, i did the decat, exhaust and new tune as well. Solved the heat issue. Doyle you live in Austin. Head to AF1 and ride their demo bike. That is what sold me on the bike, but it has the Akra header, exhaust, and tune. I didnt realize it had all of that during my test ride and the bike was perfect. Bought my bike the same day and it was putting out a ton of heat on the way home. Now it is the way I want it. So quick too.

Back