• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Baja's Roaming Texas

Reaction score
Generic Ride Introduction

Now, lets get some items out of the way first;
1) Where are you going: well, Texas.
2) How long will you be gone: No idea.
3) When will you be back: Why don't u read 2) above and put 2 n 2 together.
4) For those of you that don't like pics taken with a cell phone, don't bother with the images here then. I an't going to spend no 1000.00 for a camera.
Yes, I have read the threads about cameras, but still..... If someone comes up and states that i can use a certain one and it will produce good pics, then i will sure try to find one.

Not really into taking pics. Since when did a man have to prove what he says by producing a picture of it?

I enjoy going into old cemetaries and reading the head stone. Some you can read a story there, others just produce unanswered questions. Those i will take pics of and we can theorize on the person's life and what happened at the end.

I will try my best to update the trips at the end of the day. Just not too good at story telling or describing anything very good. I will be at the bottom of the list at story telling.

My Spot is in my sig. As a note, i do have the insurance for SnR, which I think all riders should have. Especially DS riders that go where we go.

Be leaving in a little bit, look at weather map. forces me to go south before turning west.
On google maps, it sure seems like there is a look of picture spots along the route I have chosen now. The cell pics will not do it justice. I have to get a camera now.

aja's Roaming Texas

Ride not going as planned.
At Fort Parker SP.
weather bad this morn, cleared then the wind started up.

Bike seems heavy, don't see how it can.
Load on is less than times before like to Llano..

Need to get a camera and get into some territory that has some decent scenery.

I don't know much about cameras but I like my little cannon power shot elph 330 hs for bike trips.

Signatures ???? We don't need no stinking signatures !!!!!

don't have much time batteris down on everything.
at llano city park. no elec for tenters at all.

was going to stay two day here and fish, but not now.

had a page typed and lost it.

Shoul have gone to iNks lake SP

got a loner camera.
it should be better than cell.

Go over to the metal roofed pavillion/band area. They've got plugs.

Go over to the metal roofed pavillion/band area. They've got plugs.

Let me tell you the whole conversation about that I had that guy out there.
I was there last year for MnG, but paid no attention to the plugs as I didn't need them.

Asked about tent with plugs he said there were none.
I then asked about renting an RV site so I could have plug.
He response to that was no, no tents were allowed there.

Told him my cell was dead I need to get back in touch with a lady.

He popped and said a man was arrested and charged for theft of city property for plugging in his cell phone.

----------------

I decided to stay away.
Started setting up camp and need to take a leak real bad.
The restrooms were locked.
Was told I had to use the ones on the far side, other side boat launch.

I packed and left.

Arrived at Inks Lake SP, office closed, drove on down looking for a tent site.
Caught a glimpse of some bikes and turned down that road.
4 BMW here. Friendly old guys. Had not heard of TWT.
Said they just stuck to their own little group.
They do ride a lot. All of them are retired.
-----

I will see what there is here at Inks Lake SP. many years ago it was overrun with deer. Maybe so now... would like to get some photos of them.
Hopefully I can frame them against some border background to bring them out.
-----

Thinking about heading to BB, then further west, north.....

Realized last night, I don't have to be home till first of June and then I remembered I had not brought my passport.

Got to find something to make an interesting read for a RR.

Am sorry to hear of the negative experience at Llano city park. Jeesh! You were right to move on. (That's one of the big plusses to traveling with no itinerary or reservations; you are free to vamoose if the vibe ain't right.)

:rider:

Am sorry to hear of the negative experience at Llano city park. Jeesh! You were right to move on. (That's one of the big plusses to traveling with no itinerary or reservations; you are free to vamoose if the vibe ain't right.)

:rider:

Well, I am really wondering about what he told me anyway.
Don't remember what it cost me last you to stay, this time is was 5.00.
The bmw riders here said it should have been a dollar...

oh well, life moves on.

:popcorn:

You're on the DR650, right?

yes, I am on the DR.

dr650_motomule.jpg

Bike is running very well/good, even pulling the trailer.
70 mph on interstate does not seem to be a problem for either of them.

Bike just keeps thumping away.

BMW riders here said BB was pretty at this time of year.
Will look at map and see what might be an interesting stop between here and there.

May spend another night here and try to get in some fishing.

-----
Inks Lake riocks (pun uibtended) images are sorta ok.

P1010003.JPG

P1010005.JPG

I can't really tell what those pics look like on this laptop I got here.

tried to contact beemerlessbob, no response yet. I hope he is ok. that would be loss to lose him. Also tried to contact KP. was wanting to have a sit down chat with him on what is required to produce a good RR. Well, I should be able to answer that myself. Go somewhere interesting and take pic, some history telling of it, etc. But still I want to talk to someone about RRs.

Still at Inks Lake SP. Have to leave today. Picked a bad time to go with Easter weekend here. Still a long ways from BB.

edit; got in touch with beemerlessbob.

Sent you a few other emails on camping thru your PM box. Waiting on your response. KP

Thanks kickstand.

There is hope for saving and making this report better.
I was almost at point of ending this and going back into my little shell.

Most of us are stuck at work so any ride report is good. Everyone is looking for curvy roads and good food.:eat3: So the two kinda go together. Pictures are a must for those salivating to get on the open road.:rider: Ride safe. KP

Back