• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Break from riding

Reaction score
Having open heart surgery in the morning and Doc said 6-8 weeks no motorcycles. Never been off a bike this long - gonna be tough.

Dang! Good luck Steve, hope all turns out as planned.

-Tom

Same here. You did not mention anything Sunday. Heal fast and prayers for a easy time during and after your procedure.

So this is like that time we were out riding around and you were trying to get that XR650R kick started, then you causally mentioned you were having knee replacement the next day!!

Open anything surgery is a big deal! We will definitely be praying for a successful surgery and a FAST healing.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Remember, I tried to get you to eat more chicken fried steak with cream gravy and French fries. A fellow ought to stay away from those grilled chicken breast and green veggies. Hang in there Steve.

You'd think the doc could wait until after the end-of-year pie run, wouldn't you?
Get well soon.

Since you've got a three wheeler that's technically not a motorcycle . Had a friend had a bypass a few years back , he said as soon as he came too afterward he could tell a difference and for the better . Get well soon . SEYA

Best of luck! The bikes will be there later. Oh, wait. We're talking about you.... Different bikes will be there later. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the thoughts. Been having a little discomfort in chest when walking any distance. Finally decided to get it checked out and passed all the tests yesterday but Dr. was still concerned about the chest pain and scheduled a angiogram. Turned out to have 4 blocked arteries that stents wouldn't work, so bypass in the morning at Scott & White in College Station.

What a surprise!
I too will keep you in my prayers.

Steve, I'll be praying for your fast recovery and long term health. You kept a great poker face Sunday. I had no idea you had a big surgery planned. Glad you could make that MG&E. See you in a couple of months with more vigor and strength.

Steve, wow you just never know ..... I'm glad you didn't ignore the pain. Praying that everything goes smoothly. Pls keep us updated. Hugs coming your way.

Take all the time you need Steve! There will always be bikes. Prayers that you hang around much longer.

Hope you have a speedy recovery my friend. You'll be back on 3 wheels in no time!

Well, they usually start this stuff at the crack of dawn... Anyone know if he's out yet?

Hang in there. This is a good time of year to get things like this done. I leave spring/summer and, when home in the winter, preventative maintenance/ repair on the body.

Back