• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Break from riding

All I know is he is in ICU an will be for a day or two. Spoke with his nurse an she could not disclose anything more. His wife is in waiting room but do not have her number.

Steve, I realize you may not read this for a day or so but... We hope everything went well. Keep looking forward, this will help you in so many ways. You will feel better once you get healed up. Good Luck!!!

Sam & Shirley

Visited with his wife and all is going well at this point. Surgery was 5 1/2 hours. He is resting and has responded as well as possible since surgery.

Steve, best wishes for a speedy recovery. I'd say you picked a great time to sit out for 6-8 weeks. It'll be springtime by then;-).

Take good care of yourself!

Well, surgery went well. I had 5 bypasses and the Doc said all looked good afterwards. 100% blockage in 2 and 80 % in 3. In ICU for yesterday and today and will be moved to post op floor after while. and maybe released Saturday or Monday. . I encourage everyone to listen to their body and not necessarily depend entirely on tests. I had no idea my heart was in this shape. Cholesterol and blood pressure were good. All my tests the last 15 years were great and the Doc said my total commitment to working out probably kept me from having a heart attack. I have been taking a baby aspirin the last 15 years and he said that helped also. Hope to see everyone on the road in the near future and thanks again for all the prayers.

Well, surgery went well. I had 5 bypasses and the Doc said all looked good afterwards. 100% blockage in 2 and 80 % in 3. In ICU for yesterday and today and will be moved to post op floor after while. and maybe released Saturday or Monday. . I encourage everyone to listen to their body and not necessarily depend entirely on tests. I had no idea my heart was in this shape. Cholesterol and blood pressure were good. All my tests the last 15 years were great and the Doc said my total commitment to working out probably kept me from having a heart attack. I have been taking a baby aspirin the last 15 years and he said that helped also. Hope to see everyone on the road in the near future and thanks again for all the prayers.

Glad you caught this before it resulted in a full blown heart attack! No doubt all those years of riding bikes to manage your stress helped tremendously :thumb:

As a retired RN, I tell everybody near my age to listen to their body and go to the doctor, even when they are hesitant. Sounds like your results are great. Good to hear everything went well.

Despite the fact that they probably want you up and walking, find time to borrow a wheelchair and get in some practice doing wheelies in the hallways.

Might as well be working on the riding skills during the down time, right?

I hope the recovery is fast and you are back to riding as soon as you can be.

Sooo.... Did you have to lay off all the holiday eating? How are you doing?

Scott, doing real well. Trying to walk 1/2 mile a day. Not much appetite but eating enough to get by. Looking forward to follow up appt. to get cleared to start driving again and get back to visiting friends. Thanks for checking.

Back