• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Clear Lake Bike Night Wednesday

The Pie run is to Sam's Resturant in Fairfield. I am going to meet up with SpringSteve and maybe an old classmate about 0630 Saturday morning in Spring and head out.

I did the HamWed thing last month and do the HamWed thing sometimes but the Clear Lake Crew stopped coming down here to Angleton, so I've been meeting them there in the Kemah area.

I've never gotten a bad burger and fries here yet.

Some of the bikes last month...

Attachments

• IMG_1105.jpg
    IMG_1105.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_1108.jpg
    IMG_1108.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_1109.jpg
    IMG_1109.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_1107.jpg
    IMG_1107.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 153
If you're talking about Noah's, then yeah, that's it. We've been sitting outside though, as it's pretty pleasant that time of the evening when you're near the water. Haven't encountered any smoke outside yet, so come on down.
:rider::eat:

Plus, you can get your hamburger any way you want it - as long as that is waaaay overly well done.

For some, it's not the burger, it's the means it is delivered to the table that makes the trip worth while. But I would not know anything about that.:angel:

On one of my last trips to Hamwed, a guy was throwing flames, big ones, off the exhaust of his chopper. Neanderthal grunts from the crowd ensued. Perhaps he is the chef?

(I thought it was kinda cool)

I will be at Noah's tonight.

For some, it's not the burger, it's the means it is delivered to the table that makes the trip worth while. But I would not know anything about that.

Dang - been so long since I was there I completely forgot about the ambiance...

It was great seeing everyone tonight! I will see some of you Saturday morning @ 0630 @ Olive Garden (45N @ Fuqua) to head up to Fairfield for the pie run. Craig, was the ole Yamaha given you a fit @ Red Bluff and Bay Area? I looked back in my mirror and saw a dimming headlight and then nothing :eek2: I turned around and high tailed it back... and there you were all upright and running :clap: Glad to see you were OK! :sun:
Safe riding to you all.

George,

Not a bike problem...a RIDER problem. I was coming up tothe red light at Red Bluff and Bay Area a little hot. I got a little overly aggresive with my downshifting and killed the bike:doh: I pushed it off of the road quickly and kicked her back to life. Thanks for looping back to check up on me! The dimming headlight...well...on an old magneto only bike you have two headlight settings: A. Dim and B. Dimmer...:rider:

It WAS a nice night to be out riding and it was very good to see everyone. Hope to see you guys next week!

Craig

Where (and when) is the meeting spot for the ride to the Pie Run in Fairfield from the Clear Lake area?

Who is leading the ride..... FJRMike again?

Some other Pie Runs I'd been on...

Attachments

• Polaroid camera photos-2 120.jpg
    Polaroid camera photos-2 120.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 149
  • Pie Run Jan. 31, '09.jpg
    Pie Run Jan. 31, '09.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 151
Where (and when) is the meeting spot for the ride to the Pie Run in Fairfield from the Clear Lake area?

Who is leading the ride..... FJRMike again?

Some other Pie Runs I'd been on...

0630 meet at the Olive Garden at I-45 and Fuqua to head up to Spring to meet someone else and go out west of I-45 through the country to Fairfield.

So far only three of us going up.

I've regressed to a "maybe" but if I go, I will start later and take either a direct route or an easterly route through. See ya'll there.

Had a good time this last week, and that was a pretty good turnout too. Looking forward to seeing you guys again this week. Sure wish we could find another spot though. Don't get me wrong; I like the location, but them flies sure make eating a chore :giveup:

Had a good time this last week, and that was a pretty good turnout too. Looking forward to seeing you guys again this week. Sure wish we could find another spot though. Don't get me wrong; I like the location, but them flies sure make eating a chore :giveup:

I hear ya on the fly thing.
How about Red River this week unless you want to eat outside.

I will scout out a couple of places tomorrow and report back!
How far do we want to go?

Red River would be fine with me, Chis, but I'm open to others too, George. I like the location of Noah's because it is far enough away that I felt like I got an actual ride in, but not too far for my (barely) dual sport :eek2: We could always sit inside at Noah's too, right? Oh wait, there were flies there too LOL.

Back