• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Craigslist/Facebook

People pay a fortune for outdated junk just to realize they miss being younger, not what they had when they were younger.

Some older cars and bikes were legitimately great and unique enough to be worth hanging on to but this isn’t one of them.

Not to you. But it could be for someone else. Opinions are like bellybuttons, we all have them and they make us unique. I shared this on my FB page and its had a lot of positive comments from people that have been in this crazy motorcycle world for ages.

In reference to other comments here, I have a friend that has a pristine Ford Pinto Runabout in mustard yellow. He loves the car and will never sell it. Not a car I would want, but when I checked it out, I wanted it, LOL.

He gets offers everywhere he takes it. And I assure you, it is is no way a "legitimately great and unique" vehicle as you described what the 750 is not, but it has value (even probably at the listed price) to the right person.

And to clarify, I have no dog in the fight, as I don't know the seller nor the bike.

Have a great Labor Day. I'll let you get in the last word if you want. I'm headed to the garage to play.

I know the feeling of being nostalgic for something, acquiring it, and realizing it was what you had built it up to in your mind. I bought a really nice Honda Transalp from another inmate here for a really good price. Once I got the bike and rode it an appreciable distance, I realized how underpowered it was. Don’t get me wrong, they are great bikes, but just not what I thought it is. Fortunately, I found someone else that really wanted the bike and I sold it for what I paid for it less the new tires, bash plate, spark plugs, and air filter I had put on it.
As Tojo said, it’s not really about what the actual value, it’s what the value is to the right person who always wanted it.

Looks like little bit of a project, but street legal and clear title.

1997 XR250

1997 Honda xr​

$1,700
Listed 22 hours ago in Lewisville, TX

Driven 500 miles

Manual transmission

Exterior color: White · Interior color:

2 owners

Seller's Description​

Honda XR 250 dual sport, street legal, have title. Haven't messed with it in a few years. Not running being sold as a project bike.$1700 cash

View attachment 359838
Hmmmm. Such bad timing. :headbang:

This looks fun
Screenshot_2023-09-05-22-01-22-316.jpeg

Why?

Because you consider yourself a wood worker and your metal work skills leave something to be desired. Dance with the girl ya brought to the party.

Wow, wow

Why?

1694605173663.png

And... you could add this fine vessel to the rear bumper and have a complete package!
1694605223650.png

This won't be up long
https://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/d/kemah-2004-suzuki-gs500f-runs-on-bidens/7669583664.html

2004 Suzuki GS500F Runs On Biden's Hopes Dreams - $499 (Kemah)​

1695656293642.png

If you're reading this, it's available
Text only, Cash only, OBO, Must Sell
Reimagine your motorcycling lifestyle
Give in to your inner liberal Democrat voice
Embrace transportation inequality, change with the wind and gravity movement
Imagine the possibilities and time it will take you to travel
Now blame your lateness on your political beliefs, not a flat tire
Appreciate your positive carbon footprint, environmental contribution
Other riders may laugh, but trust me, it will only be due to their jealously of you
Purchased at auction
No title, No engine
For repair or parts
Clean VIN, have key
In storage unit in Kemah
Don't let this one slip away

Back