• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dakar 2024

Best place to watch Dakar? MavTV is supposed to have it, some on Peacock.....

others?

I don't get MAVTV, so I was researching ways to watch this year. Thanks for the Youtube suggestion. On the internet it stated that it could be watched on YoutubeTV. I have that, but I haven't found coverage there. I think they meant just regular Youtube.

Yes, I had seen this link, and it's one of them that says the Dakar can be seen on Youtube TV...not just Youtube. Me being the high tech guru...cough, cough...I haven't discovered how I can see this on my Youtube TV service. I'm guessing that even with my Youtube TV service it's something that I have to additionally subscribe to...or something like that. If anyone knows differently, please advise.

I have YouTube TV and have "Dakar" (it even a contains a description and logo of the rally) set to record however nothing is listing as upcoming, yet. If nothing shows up I'll cast it to my TV from YouTube.

If you have a Roku TV MavTV is available in their Live TV section of the TV app.

Some history.

mqdefault.jpg

I have YouTube TV and have "Dakar" (it even a contains a description and logo of the rally) set to record however nothing is listing as upcoming, yet. If nothing shows up I'll cast it to my TV from YouTube.

If you have a Roku TV MavTV is available in their Live TV section of the TV app.

Some history.

Same here. It kind of looks like it's recognizing the Dakar but doesn't look like it's scheduled as a recording. It shows "added to library". Ahhhh, the joys of modern technology. Maybe that's why I ride an XR650L...LOL!

I agree it can be confusing. I have YouTube TV (about ~$80/month) to get all the channels I used to get on Spectrum (NBC, CNN, ABC, HGTV, ESPN, Food, etc...). In order to get MavTV, I needed to add Sports Plus (about ~$12/month) to my YouTube TV package. It is definitely getting pricey, and confusing.

Dakar and Supercross starting this weekend... I am in motorcycle racing heaven. :rider:

My "favorite" for the car overall.

He holds the record for wins at the Dakar Rally, with 14 victories. 6 on a bike.

Agree...Peterhansel has always been a very "bad man" on the Dakar. I've always appreciated his character overall with his attitude and demeanor...very little whining or excuse making. Not your typical Frenchman...LOL! OK...that last comment was just a joke. :D

I agree it can be confusing. I have YouTube TV (about ~$80/month) to get all the channels I used to get on Spectrum (NBC, CNN, ABC, HGTV, ESPN, Food, etc...). In order to get MavTV, I needed to add Sports Plus (about ~$12/month) to my YouTube TV package. It is definitely getting pricey, and confusing.

Dakar and Supercross starting this weekend... I am in motorcycle racing heaven. :rider:
I'm not familiar with how these added subscriptions work. Is it possible to just add MAVTV for a month and do so today so I can get the Dakar coverage?

Unfortunately, there's no Dakar coverage on broadcast television. Fortunately, my antenna paid for itself over a decade ago.

Interesting to see how a Kove will do.

I just noticed that Youtube TV gives you a free trial of MAVTV that you can cancel any time. I'm trying to wade through the process of how to do this and how long the free trial period is...probably not long enough for the entire Dakar. Still, I'd pay $10.99 for a month just to get the Dakar coverage...if it doesn't require some stupid long term commitment.

OK...I think I figured it out if anyone's interested. If you have Youtube TV, you can add Sports Plus for $10.99 a month and cancel any time being only committed a month at a time as you see fit. I can live with that to get the Dakar. The free trial is only 7 days, so that won't cover Dakar. I think this is the route I will go.

Last edited:
It's amazing how those guys can ride right on the edge for so long. They are honest to gosh athletes. Half an hour of that for me would mean oxygen and iv fluids somewhere in the shade...assuming I hadn't already wadded it up on a tree or some random shrub. 100k for the race...makes our weekend tsec or torcs seem way better.

I always like watching any of the original Dakar videos, this was in my opinion rallying in its purest form.
You, navigator, car and terrain....... Now, although still an extreme challenge, it has become a "sprint"
over 2 weeks (except for the Malle Moto class).

When I first starting rallying, it really was about endurance. If you broke down, you had to fix it on the stage.
You had to carry all spares and tools on board and no outside assitance was allowed - and you drove at 80%
knowing that breaking something was going to set you back quite a bit.

Although I still like watching the Dakar - it has lost the appeal of true endurance rallying, that is why the
old videos are so fascinating to watch.

I always like watching any of the original Dakar videos, this was in my opinion rallying in its purest form.
You, navigator, car and terrain....... Now, although still an extreme challenge, it has become a "sprint"
over 2 weeks (except for the Malle Moto class).

When I first starting rallying, it really was about endurance. If you broke down, you had to fix it on the stage.
You had to carry all spares and tools on board and no outside assitance was allowed - and you drove at 80%
knowing that breaking something was going to set you back quite a bit.

Although I still like watching the Dakar - it has lost the appeal of true endurance rallying, that is why the
old videos are so fascinating to watch.
Couldn't agree more! All teaching would be more interesting if the equipment had to survive for the whole event or all season, depending on the type of racing. Would put a totally different spin on things. A more interesting one, IMHO.

Hey sanderjavant...I just completed purchasing Sports Plus for the Dakar on my Youtube TV. It's free until the 11th, and then I only get charged $3.90 until the 22nd of this month. So in total you only have to pay $3.90 to watch the Dakar if you cancel after the Dakar is over. I'm not that big a cheapskate, but that's not a bad deal if you have Youtube TV...LOL!​

It's amazing how those guys can ride right on the edge for so long. They are honest to gosh athletes. Half an hour of that for me would mean oxygen and iv fluids somewhere in the shade...assuming I hadn't already wadded it up on a tree or some random shrub. 100k for the race...makes our weekend tsec or torcs seem way better.
I can't believe you'd build up a little event like the Dakar and compare it to the vicious sand whoops of the Memphis, TX Cottonboll Enduro. :duck:

Back