• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Diagnosis: God wins (despite leukemia)

Tracker

post tenebras lux
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Why do I say God win's? Because whether I'm healed in this life or the eternal life I'm healed -death has no hold over me. I was diagnosed with an acute form of leukemia, either ALL or AML. The bone marrow biopsy should give a definitive answer on that in the next day.
I had what I thought was a weird viral thing all week ruled out COVID ruled out the flu ruled out strap rulled out UTI. Symptoms were literally different almost everyday last week. A second blood test on Friday showed that my blood count was 1082 versus the normal for white blood count which is 40-110.
I was actually supposed to preach for the first time at my church tomorrow morning on psalm 46. It begins like this: God is our refuge, God is our fortress, a very present help. So I will not fear...
I don't fear death. Not looking forward to the dying that comes to us all, maybe sooner for me, but I will not experience the second death. Jesus paid my penalty for that on the cross.
That's all to say, prayers are appreciated, especially for family members who's faith waivers.
Grace and mercy be upon you all.

You certainly have the right attitude, Gary. The race has alreay been won, and your future is already secure;
"It is done". Still, the ride isn't over just yet, so keep up the fight, and our prayers are with you, your family and your doctors. I wish more people had that understanding of the truth. God's blessings.

"The prayer of the righteous is powerful and effective" James 5:16
You have my prayers for healing and for an opportunity to preach your sermons.

Sorry to hear this. Will be praying for you and your family and that God provides comfort, guidance and healing according to his will.

Psalms 91

I'm shocked and sorry to hear this news. God can heal it for sure. What a testimony you will have then. My wife overcame 1 in 3 million odds according to her doctor discussing her case nationally on NPR. He called it a big statistical win. Our church family and friends knew it as the power of prayer and the healing power of Christ. We will all help pray for your earthly healing, comfort and peace.

Gary …. Prayer for you and you are so strong for sharing your situation. Your mental and physical strength is much admired.

Without a doubt, your faith will carry you through this. There's been both triumph and tragedy in my immediate family, revolving around cancer, and I don't pretend to know why some events go the way they do. I do know this - based on my own personal life experiences, I'm far less concerned about my own inevitable death than I am about what I do with the rest of my life. I also know this - for those of us who've accepted the Good News of Jesus Christ, we know that, live or die, we win.

Without a doubt, your faith will carry you through this. There's been both triumph and tragedy in my immediate family, revolving around cancer, and I don't pretend to know why some events go the way they do. I do know this - based on my own personal life experiences, I'm far less concerned about my own inevitable death than I am about what I do with the rest of my life. I also know this - for those of us who've accepted the Good News of Jesus Christ, we know that, live or die, we win.
meet you here, meet you there, or meet you in the air. ;)

Back