• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Diagnosis: God wins (despite leukemia)

Cool stuff.
BUMC (Baylor University Medical Center), Downtown Dallas is where I'm at. They have music therapists that go around and play music for people. My guy came by with the guitar and played a couple of songs Ring of Fire/Johnny Cash and Amazing Grace (his #1 requested). He asked me about my music background and talked a little bit and then he said,"Hey, would you like to have a keyboard to practice on while you're here at the hospital?" And I said sure that would be awesome. Here's what he brought by. More practice in at the hospital than I do at home.
1697755030433.png

1697755060452.png

That excellent Gary. BUMC is where my wife had her Liver resection and chemo. They are great folks there.

Hey Gary, praying for you. Been thinking about you all weekend and hoping your at home resting well.

Hey Gary, just wanted to check in on you and see how your feeling.

OK. Little fatigue. Cotton mouth/taste off. Otherwise, OK.
Near zero white cells Friday, but shouldn't affect my feeling.

Here's the space I walk in grace in, when my focus is right.

Matthew 6
25“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? 28 And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, 29 yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31 Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

34 “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Continuing to pray for you and your family. Thank you for being an inspiration to me. God is in control.

That verse has gotten me through this life. Especially Vs 34.

Praying for you brother.

9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Corinthians 12:9-10, ESV)

Nothing here and not much recent on your blog. Guessing no news is good news! :thumb:

Praying for you Gary.

1 But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. 2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. 3 For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I give Egypt as your ransom, Cush and Seba in exchange for you. 4 Because you are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you, I give men in return for you, peoples in exchange for your life. 5 Fear not, for I am with you; I will bring your offspring from the east, and from the west I will gather you. 6 I will say to the north, Give up, and to the south, Do not withhold; bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the end of the earth, 7 everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made." (Isaiah 43:1-7, ESV)

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. God is big. Thought I had this 4th round down, but it's thrown me some curve balls. I now have a port as I didn't have any veins "left" that they could do a PICC in. God's won the World Series; it's just a question if this last inning of this game gets played here, or in heaven. Ultimately, I'm in the World Series.

Back