• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Do Music and Motorcycles go together?

Kinda has some sprinkling of David Gilmore in there also at the beginning.

Kinda has some sprinkling of David Gilmore in there also at the beginning.
He's in there, from Gilmoure to Urban. Ringo's playing drums! Tedeschi and Trucks, Satriani and Townshend. Tried to copy/paste from YT, formatting was all wrong. It's a who's who of guitar.

Very interested in knowing what types of music (bands) TWT motorcycle folks listen to. Name your top five-ten bands. You can post some videos of them doing their thing if you like. This is our radio program so if you know an obscure or local band please post them up and maybe get them some new fans.

NOTE: Bob cavemen banging on hollow logs with bones is not an option!!!

1. The Rainmakers
2. The Jim Carroll Band
3. Bob Schneider
4. The Cars
5. The B52's
In terms of a local band, anytime you can go hear these guys play, they are really good!

Very interested in knowing what types of music (bands) TWT motorcycle folks listen to. Name your top five-ten bands. You can post some videos of them doing their thing if you like. This is our radio program so if you know an obscure or local band please post them up and maybe get them some new fans.

NOTE: Bob cavemen banging on hollow logs with bones is not an option!!!

1. The Rainmakers
2. The Jim Carroll Band
3. Bob Schneider
4. The Cars
5. The B52's
Journey, Van Halen, Styx, Boston, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Bob Seger, CCR, Def Leppard, Eagles, ZZTop... ooops... I went over ten.

Just discovered...

Dickie Betts, who died Thursday at age 80, really was born a ramblin' man. He left home at 16 to join the circus and became a renowned guitarist touring the world with the Allman Brothers Band. He wrote the group's biggest hit, “Ramblin' Man,” and remained on the road until he reached the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

Put the county in Allman B Band

I remember hearing this and couldn't get the album fast enough. Warren Haynes is CHANNELING Duane Allman on this.
And Trucks is no slouch at all!! This song is a time machine.

Just discovered...

Dickie Betts, who died Thursday at age 80, really was born a ramblin' man. He left home at 16 to join the circus and became a renowned guitarist touring the world with the Allman Brothers Band. He wrote the group's biggest hit, “Ramblin' Man,” and remained on the road until he reached the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

Put the county in Allman B Band

“I liked to go to this old abandoned graveyard by the river to write songs. The gravestone next to where I was sitting said, ‘In Memory of Elizabeth Reed’, so that became the song’s title”​

Went into the distance reaches of the car's USB stick for some oldies C&W music

My BIL/ FIL(RIP) and 80-some YO neighbor wear pearl snap shirts

I grew in the city but dating the future wife I saw the lyrics in real life - lyrics are haunting (Guy clerk version - he wrote it for Jerry Jeff)

Another song for the lyrics - wife is from Cuero - town were people settled after the Indianola hurricane

Love songs like this

Sorry Coe fans - I like the Paycheck version better - beside Paycheck's name works with point of the song

Speaking about leaving a job - I got my gold watch @25 years in 2013 and still am working for the company. Waiting for 6 more years or until they decide they don't want me (more likely). Not a bad run at an Oldfield service company

Last edited:
Agree with you on Johnny Paycheck version. :thumb:

Not many oilfield service companies survive 25 years anymore.

Back