• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Do Music and Motorcycles go together?

Stan was the brains of that outfit. Creative, quirky, amazing lyrics, coming out of left field. Some of WOV are still my go to songs in my music library...no more cassette tapes...LOL! Definitely my favorite tequila drinking music. And then there's that song "On Interstate 15" which IMO is an instrumental masterpiece. Funny how some groups or individuals are like huge meteors...big bang, big flash, and then gone.

Stan was the brains of that outfit. Creative, quirky, amazing lyrics, coming out of left field. Some of WOV are still my go to songs in my music library...no more cassette tapes...LOL! Definitely my favorite tequila drinking music. And then there's that song "On Interstate 15" which IMO is an instrumental masterpiece. Funny how some groups or individuals are like huge meteors...big bang, big flash, and then gone.

Marc Moreland claimed to be the brains of the outfit. They played a huge festival (US?) and got a great response, and the promoter left with their 50k payment, and that was the end of the band. The last album without Stan didn't work for me.

I just heard the "New Beatles" song in it's entirety for the first time. I am completely blown away and pretty emotional. Wow. That's a miracle.

This Thread started out with lists of favorites

Now it's it's jackwagons posting things like this...

Was in the dentist chair Wed and I was getting/feeling the novocaine shots - all I could think of was

Afterwards, on drive to work, I was going through the USB music library in car and alas - no The Wall album (that will be remedied!!!). I had Dark Side of the Moon, Momentary Lapse of Reason, and A Collection of Great Dance Songs.

Settled for Dance Songs
Some highlights

What the heck - the whole album

Was in the dentist chair Wed and I was getting/feeling the novocaine shots - all I could think of was

Afterwards, on drive to work, I was going through the USB music library in car and alas - no The Wall album (that will be remedied!!!). I had Dark Side of the Moon, Momentary Lapse of Reason, and A Collection of Great Dance Songs.

Settled for Dance Songs
Some highlights

What the heck - the whole album
"I do believe it's working, Good "😆
Just listened to The Wall and Pulse on drive back from Laredo . Not their greatest fboy but still like their music. Never seems to get old. 👍. I bought Momentarily LOR back in the day

Marc Moreland claimed to be the brains of the outfit. They played a huge festival (US?) and got a great response, and the promoter left with their 50k payment, and that was the end of the band. The last album without Stan didn't work for me.

Kinda like Talking Heads with David Byrne leading

Stan Ridgeways album Mosquitoes is a keeper

Weird...but it took Advanced Search to find this thread today..!??
I found the issue....somehow I hit the ignore button...duh

But... look what else I found
Mostly Austin....I couldnt find a lot of the DFW stubs....but...I guarantee...there were plenty more from both
Jean Luc Ponty...Al DiMeola...Paco DeLucia
Reverand Horton Heat...Ozric Tentacles...Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush...Gary P Nunn... yada yada yada
...& a few from Waco too

Note: many of the "warm up bands" were just as good as the headliner.....Moody Blues/Stevie Ray Vaughn at Reunion Arena

Attachments

• 20231211_090335.jpg
    20231211_090335.jpg
    551.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 20231211_090236.jpg
    20231211_090236.jpg
    491.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 20231211_093455.jpg
    20231211_093455.jpg
    389.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
The Ozrics...One trippy show at Liberty Lunch...you bet

Band name came from a ficticious breakfast cereal....hence a live album...Live Ethereal Cereal

I remember hearing OT was also a record label name on college prog radio early 80's. They have a ton of albums!

Several Ozric offshoots... Eat Static... Nodens Ictus...& The Oroonies (I jus listened to the complete Of Hoof & Horn album....It mite not be for everyone) it is really entrancing

Last edited:
Back