• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

End of Month Ride (Southern Style)

Well, the problem there is that then we'd have to eliminate one of the other ones ahead, and someone else would be put out then. Which one would you choose, and how do you explain that to someone looking forward to that one? Herding cats ain't easy! Once we start changing things up, then it never ends, so I prefer to keep it simple. Is it because of the date change? That's my fault, and I apologize, but I already know of four of our regular group that are already committed to the other ride on the 27th, so figured it would be best. From now on, I'll leave the dates as the last Saturday of each month, and if folks can't show up, then so be it.
You know the old saying, you can please some of the people some of the time...

Last edited:
With the May EOM ride to Schobel's in Columbus approaching, four of our "regulars" are facing the same problem as last month: a scheduling issue. Is there anyone who would be put out if we moved this to Saturday, 18th?

I'd definitely be up for that but we will be in Arkansas riding that weekend and of course in Junction for the Hill Country 500 Memorial Day weekend. Always too many things going on this time of the year. Until June lol.

I'd definitely be up for that but we will be in Arkansas riding that weekend and of course in Junction for the Hill Country 500 Memorial Day weekend. Always too many things going on this time of the year. Until June lol.
Arkansas is always tempting. What're y'all planning and would you be objectionable to a tag along?

Arkansas is always tempting. What're y'all planning and would you be objectionable to a tag along?

We leave Wednesday the 15th for Combs, AR to attend Rally at the Rock. Registration is cheap and they are providing a few meals and all GPX tracks for the week. We plan to ride Thursday through Saturday and head back on Sunday.

With the May EOM ride to Schobel's in Columbus approaching, four of our "regulars" are facing the same problem as last month: a scheduling issue. Is there anyone who would be put out if we moved this to Saturday, 18th?
I'll go both the 18th AND 25th if anyone wants to

I might be able to make it on the 18th. I'm headed to Arkansas the 30th of May for a long weekend. Have a house rented in Jasper and meeting an Iowa friend. All hard surface and what I would consider a bit slow, think posted limit. But it is still Arkansas.

Ok, sounds like most are good for the 18th, so I'll go ahead and update the first post. Looking forward to seeing y'all again!

Back