• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

For you "Cheeseburger" riders, Stubblefield bridge

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan

Construction to start MAY 2020, finish by November 2020. We'll see. Its been over 2 years sitting already.

I will believe it when I see it. I am still waiting for them to reopen some of those forest roads they closed. The ones I saw weren't even that bad, just a few moderately washed out areas that most any truck/jeep could get through without any issues. Adv bikes would be a non-issue. they have huge piles of gravel just sitting there waiting to be put on the roads and spread as needed. But noooo.... still closed.

I will believe it when I see it. I am still waiting for them to reopen some of those forest roads they closed. The ones I saw weren't even that bad, just a few moderately washed out areas that most any truck/jeep could get through without any issues. Adv bikes would be a non-issue. they have huge piles of gravel just sitting there waiting to be put on the roads and spread as needed. But noooo.... still closed.
yep, very frustrating.

Terry and I were there a few days ago. Very do'able on a dual sport. 👺 I have seen a County Sheriff sitting down the road before, watching the goings on.

So THAT's what the place looks like during the week.....;-)

I've had some form of adv bike since 2012. Before that it was 1984 last street bike.

I know where I'd put my money... ;-)

Maybe... someday... eventually... when it becomes a priority... :roll:
Yeah... I think we're in agreement there.

The wooden walkway was looking pretty bowed out and decrepit last time I was there. Not sure I'd trust it anymore. I could probably get a bike across what's left of the bridge if there aren't barriers blocking everything. I doubt the local LEOs would be happy about it though...

Yeah... I think we're in agreement there.

The wooden walkway was looking pretty bowed out and decrepit last time I was there. Not sure I'd trust it anymore. I could probably get a bike across what's left of the bridge if there aren't barriers blocking everything. I doubt the local LEOs would be happy about it though...
Not at all. They have no humor.

Want to take bets on whether or not they ever rebuild Stubblefield bridge?
I used to disagree with your statement, but beginning to wonder now. It's been a long time, all their posted dates have passed and nothing happened. Still believe eventually it'll be fixed, that part of Walker county is growing.

I used to disagree with your statement, but beginning to wonder now. It's been a long time, all their posted dates have passed and nothing happened. Still believe eventually it'll be fixed, that part of Walker county is growing.

Maybe when they start selling off parts of the NF for building subdivisions...?

Maybe when they start selling off parts of the NF for building subdivisions...?
Texas Grand Ranch is next door, if you haven't been in there, really big money folks. When they start screaming for access through there something might happen.

Texas Grand Ranch is next door, if you haven't been in there, really big money folks. When they start screaming for access through there something might happen.

I got lost in there the ONE day I didn't have the GPS on my bike :lol2: The roads are like a spaghetti ball. I finally found dirt and followed that out the back service entrance to 1374. There were indeed some nice homes back in there!

I got lost in there the ONE day I didn't have the GPS on my bike :lol2: The roads are like a spaghetti ball. I finally found dirt and followed that out the back service entrance to 1374. There were indeed some nice homes back in there!

Our youngest daughter's fiance's parents are just now building there, in the back. Yesterday, they sent us a picture of their foundation going in. It has taken me at least half a dozen trips, to figure out how to get to their lot without making a wrong turn somewhere. It makes it worse that only Google seems to have the roads mapped. By the way Scott, our relatives, that live near you, are moving again. Arrrgggg ...

By the way Scott, our relatives, that live near you, are moving again. Arrrgggg ...

Their yard is a massive swamp because it won't drain. That would drive me nuts, as would being right on the main road like that. I hope they can get the house in selling condition and have good luck selling it. Right now, houses in this area seem to moving pretty well. All the growth South of us is coming this way.

January of 2021 is date for completion. We'll see.

Back