• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

For you "Cheeseburger" riders, Stubblefield bridge

The replacement of Stubblefield Bridge is underway. Contractors have set up a field office trailer. Slit barriers are being installed and equipment is being brought in.

Actually moving in equipment
124026150_370049074336940_7541617377023904052_o.jpg

Really looking forward to this getting done. Outside of normal riding it'll cut a few minutes off my commute.

Are they getting close? I've not wandered down there for a peek since before they started.

I may ride over sometime this week. I work like three miles from it.

We went down there on 1-28-21. The pile driver is still setup. If it is open before the end of April, I will be surprised!
I hope it is...way too long for this project to be completed.

209519450_10221681500641072_1371899860980661407_n.jpg

For all you doubters, there is a bridge, now when it will be open, who knows!

We went down there on 1-28-21. The pile driver is still setup. If it is open before the end of April, I will be surprised!
I hope it is...way too long for this project to be completed.
Sadly we came nowhere near opening in April.

Glad they've finally built something. Hopefully it'll open soon and we can ride a proper cheeseburger loop again.

On a similar note, I was out that way a couple weekends back and FS222 was open. I'd not quite call it a road anymore as it's in fairly rough shape that would be difficult in a pickup and probably impassable in a car. Heck of a fun ride though!

Glad they've finally built something. Hopefully it'll open soon and we can ride a proper cheeseburger loop again.

On a similar note, I was out that way a couple weekends back and FS222 was open. I'd not quite call it a road anymore as it's in fairly rough shape that would be difficult in a pickup and probably impassable in a car. Heck of a fun ride though!
It opened for deer season, ride it regularly. They may have forgot to close it, the other hunter roads are closed.

Back