• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Fuel for you KTM haters.

New bike home?
Yes, 2017 KTM 690 Duke, lots of race goodies, a little goobered up wiring, cracked handlebar mount, but great bones, more to come in PPSS thread.

IMG_3974(1).JPG

Boo! You’re no fun! Jk I keed I keed😉
I'll try to make up for it,,,,my last KTM handled so bad I happily helped another fella load it in his pickup after only three months. Tranny ratios sucked also. Motor was a little weak too. That enough? ;-)

I was on KTMTALK this morning, saw a thread about what was your first KTM. Got me to thinking about this thread I started as a little bit of a joke knowing how many KTM haters are on here, lol. My first was a 1996 250 sx bought used. I seriously have no idea how many I've had since then, was too many. Mostly offroad but a 990, 1190, 1290, and 690 adv bikes. I've raced many of them 2 and 4 strokes. Won the 2012 and 2013 TORCS over 60 class on them. No idea how many offroad miles over the years at Outlaw Trax, SHNF, and Cycleland. And I'm old, so might be forgetting something but to best of my knowledge, not once did they let me down. Not saying they were all great bikes but did the job!
All that to say here's my first one! lol

0B430DFF-D66D-4FC9-8A2B-53ACFE955330.jpeg

Gina, you were giggling like a schoolgirl when you road my Husky 501 (basically a KTM 500) in Purgatory last year. Seemed more like surprise and joy than hate :)

That's good. I've seen that "690 won't start" issue a couple of times. One was a loose connection somewhere, but required a truck to the dealer to be diagnosed. Can't recall what the other one was. I can't help but wonder if that bike has a lot to do with KTM's reliability reputation...

They certainly can. Doesn't change the fact that I've seen, in person, more non-crash related, ride ending issues with that particular model than all others combined. Maybe it has more to do with the owners than the bikes, I don't really know. That's just my anecdotal experience. Still rare events.

My experience and I've had one and rise with them all the time, NEVER once seen one have a problem. That's my anecdotal experience.

Last edited:
Back