• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Fuel for you KTM haters.

KTM?

Attachments

• IMG_0812.jpeg
    IMG_0812.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0811.jpeg
    IMG_0811.jpeg
    42.9 KB · Views: 80
Interesting. I have a rekluse for my 690 on my workbench. Been there 9 months. Can't bring myself to install it. I think I'll miss the manual clutch.

Leave your clutch lever on , mine is the best of both worlds , Beta recluse won’t bump start but the one for the 950 will as if I’m going to bump start a 950 KTM

Interesting. I have a rekluse for my 690 on my workbench. Been there 9 months. Can't bring myself to install it. I think I'll miss the manual clutch.
They do what they are supposed to do really well. If you want to do things outside of what it was designed to do, they come up short. They are still overall an amazing device and we certainly aren’t getting rid of ours, but for now they are coming out.

I’ve got a call into KTM they need to start two more brands under the KTM factory. I counted 20 bikes in the 250 class and they still can’t make the Podium. If they could get two more so they made up like 37 bikes on the gate. Then they could get fourth place at every race. It’s just not right that a dirt bike company can’t make the Podium.

Attachments

• IMG_5467.jpeg
    IMG_5467.jpeg
    166.9 KB · Views: 51
I’ve got a call into KTM they need to start two more brands under the KTM factory. I counted 20 bikes in the 250 class and they still can’t make the Podium. If they could get two more so they made up like 37 bikes on the gate. Then they could get fourth place at every race. It’s just not right that a dirt bike company can’t make the Podium.
Check out the results for the Hard Enduro and GNCC series. For me, either of those series are far more fun to watch…

I think Cooper Webb leaving for Yamaha should tell us everything we need to know about the orange bikes... it's not the riders.

Meanwhile, 10 of the top 15 bikes at Erzberg were some form of KTM (Orange, Red, or white). Don't get me wrong, I'll still never own a 4-stroke KTM, but results in one discipline doesn't tell the entire story.

Meanwhile, 10 of the top 15 bikes at Erzberg were some form of KTM (Orange, Red, or white). Don't get me wrong, I'll still never own a 4-stroke KTM, but results in one discipline doesn't tell the entire story.
I think the frames are just far too stiff for the speeds the top level rides at anymore.

I think the frames are just far too stiff for the speeds the top level rides at anymore.
It could be. I'll admit, I am certainly no engineer when it comes to the differences in the steel and aluminum frames. The last aluminum frame dirt bike I rode is nothing compared to these modern things running around, and I am nowhere near a skill level to where I could even tell a difference even if it is blatantly obvious to pros. Heck, some days it is all I can do to just not hit trees... LOL

When it comes to real world cross country racing it’s a whole different class of bikes that can preform in that world verses going around in circles on a groomed race course . I get bored if I see the same scenery all the time and the excitement of what’s around the next corner or over the top of the hill is really the reason I ride . Doubt I’ll ever own another smoker , simply put , they can’t deliver the miles that the strokers can . And I do expect a lot of miles from my rides .

If Honda, Yamaha or Kawasaki wanted any of the cross county or Enduro titles they would make a Bike for it. There is no money in it. Same with Motocross not enough money in it. No Stadiums in the woods.

If Honda, Yamaha or Kawasaki wanted any of the cross county or Enduro titles they would make a Bike for it. There is no money in it. Same with Motocross not enough money in it. No Stadiums in the woods.
I'm not sure where you think there isn't any money in Motocross. I guess you aren't aware of MXGP or the combination of SX and MX this year into one platform. No it's not (insert generic ball sport) money, but the money is there. If it wasn't they wouldn't be locking down football and baseball stadiums for 3-4 days out of each week for the first 5 months of the year.

Back