• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hard Dual Sport Rider Breakfast Series - Sat/Sun I December 3rd & 4th 2022 @ 8a Pepe's Cafe in Ozona then Escondido Draw riding

Reaction score
First Name
Sander
1634648742638.png

Hard Dual Sport Rider Breakfast Series .3.png

Like the other Hard Dual Sport Breakfast Series rides, this a no host, no sign up, no entry fee, no tracks, self-guided ride.

Just a loose get-together for the hard dual sport community to get out and ride, enjoy camaraderie, exploration, growth, and being safe; in addition to developing and renewing friendships so no one rides alone.

Saturday / Sunday - Nov 19th & 20th 2022

DATE Change to December 3rd & 4th 2022

Escondido Draw Recreational Area (EDRA)

http://www.escondidodraw.org/ has a total of 3480 acres for trails in the riding area and 76 acres serving as the trail head to hold events and camping.

Riding Area Trails: Provides 110 miles of marked trails. There are 40+ miles of 4x4, 50+ miles of motorcycle trails, and 20+ miles of ATV/SXS trails.

Eat
istockphoto-512109546-612x612.jpg

Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday at Pepe's Cafe in Ozona at 8a:
Pepe's Cafe
1003 Old Hwy 290
Ozona, TX 76943

Dinner on Friday night, in Ozona at the Hitchin Post Steak House 7p.
Saturday night TBD.

Sleep
go-to-bed-clipart-toddler-sleeping-3.png

Motel
I'm planning to stay in Ozona Friday and Saturday night at the Americas Best Value Inn - Ozona.

Some will probably be camping at EDRA. "Primitive campsites and full service RV spots are available. Other amenities include showers and restrooms."

RV Camping:
Provides 35 RV slips with 50 amp electric, potable water and sewer hookups.

Primitive Camping:
Provides 24 tent campsites and 1 large group campsite. Restrooms and showers are available for users of the park.

Cabins
See post #6.

Ride
istockphoto-514404947-612x612.jpg

Post breakfast rides at Escondido Draw Recreational Area - After breakfast each day I plan to drive out to Escondido Draw Recreational Area to ride my plated dirt bike 100% off-road within EDRA.

1661384305989.png

You will need a Texas OHV decal to ride the Escondido Draw Recreational Area, they are available for purchase at EDRA.
There is also a usage fee, see below.

Escondido Draw Recreational Area fees
1634648595593.png

Call Rocky at the EDRA office (325) 206-4251 with any onsite questions.

1634649148637.png

Thanks to the TMTC.

History
Texas Motorized Trails Coalition (TMTC) https://www.texasmotorizedtrails.com/ is pleased to announce the Grand Opening of the largest OHV project ever undertaken by the United States Federal Highways Administration and the State of Texas Parks and Wildlife. On October 11-13, 2019 Escondido Draw Recreational Area in Ozona, TX had its official Grand Opening.

After 13 years, $5.17 million dollars in RTP Funds, Public and Private Grants and millions of volunteer hours, the park is ready to officially open its gates.

Last edited:
Hmmmm. I wonder if I should try again this year. I have a much more capable bike than the XT250 now. And this time, if I go, I won't just be following someone else down a jeep trail.

Hmmmm. I wonder if I should try again this year. I have a much more capable bike than the XT250 now. And this time, if I go, I won't just be following someone else down a jeep trail.
Justin - you should give it a whirl. You have a very capable bike, and you have been riding a lot.

RV site reservations made for this weekend. I'll be doing my truck-camper thing in slot A1 Friday and Saturday night.

Heads up for those of you planning to stay in Ozona/motel. When making my reservations, Anita informed me she has 4 cabins to rent right near the park. $125/night, with bathrooms/showers, sleeps up to 4 each. Sounds like a great alternative to the 50m round trip to Ozona. If you're interested just call Anita, (325) 206-4251.

I have a Montana OHV sticker. can I use that or do I have to have a Texas sticker? Bike is registered in Montana.

Texas OHV Stickers

• All offroad vehicles must display a current Texas Parks and Wildlife OHV sticker while in the park.
    ohvsticker.jpg
  • The sticker is required by state law and enforced by game wardens.
  • Stickers are available from a number of sources throughout the state at a cost of $20 each.
  • More information regarding the Texas Parks and Wildlife OHV Sticker Program is available from the state OHV site.

You can buy one at the park. Anita confirmed that for me this morning.

Last edited:
That doesn't look that bad. I have ridden on a lot more technical trails. I would question the choice of music though. LOL!!

Ross thanks for the heads up!
RV site reservations made for this weekend. I'll be doing my truck-camper thing in slot A1 Friday and Saturday night.

Heads up for those of you planning to stay in Ozona/motel. When making my reservations, Anita informed me she has 4 cabins to rent right near the park. $125/night, with bathrooms/showers, sleeps up to 4 each. Sounds like a great alternative to the 50m round trip to Ozona. If you're interested just call Anita, (325) 206-4251.

More about the cabins from Anita.
  • About a mile from EDRA.
IMG_20221024_160317.jpg

IMG_20221024_160321.jpg

IMG_20221024_160324.jpg

IMG_20221024_160326.jpg

IMG_20221024_160327.jpg

IMG_20221024_160329.jpg

IMG_20221024_160331.jpg

IMG_20221024_160333.jpg

The cabin is a great idea but I snore so bad I would have to stay outside on that table. Probably a motel in O for me. Is a non plated bike ok on all the trails/roads in the park?

Anyone concerned about some of the trails maybe being more technical than you'd like, I am more than happy to stay on the flatter, twisty stuff without cliffs or rocky climbs and descents. Heights give me vertigo, so I try to avoid that.

Anyone concerned about some of the trails maybe being more technical than you'd like, I am more than happy to stay on the flatter, twisty stuff without cliffs or rocky climbs and descents. Heights give me vertigo, so I try to avoid that.
I've been riding mostly ADV until recently getting into dual sport/dirt. I plan to try a bit of the technical stuff to establish my limits, but aside from that I'll be happy to run the flatter twisty trails with you. I do plan to pass on the crazy stuff that might punch my ticket if I screw up.

Ready to go ride some rocks. Staying in town at America’s Best Value Inn.

Back