• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hard Dual Sport Rider Breakfast Series - Sat/Sun I December 3rd & 4th 2022 @ 8a Pepe's Cafe in Ozona then Escondido Draw riding

EDRA recently completed maintenance work on the single track. Black lines indicate trails that have been cleared. Looking good.

91033DA1-21D8-4C4B-8316-685C9401E04F.jpeg

EDRA recently completed maintenance work on the single track. Black lines indicate trails that have been cleared. Looking good.
That's great!!!

More than a few face slappers and rolly rocks last year. Not sure what grows faster out there! Can't wait.

This sounds kinda tempting , I could put my dirty bike back in the trailer and fill the gas tank and be ready to go but I really don’t want to drag that trailer anymore this year , anybody thinking about splitting a cabin , I’m deaf and have really good earplugs so snoring is not a problem . I can’t commit until next week .

Weekend in the brush country looks like it’s going to be outstanding , sweating should not be a problem . I’ll probably head that way Friday to be there before dark , may stop for dinner in Ozona or not . I wouldn’t mind sleeping in a cabin if somebody wants to split cost otherwise I’ll sleep in my truck at the site , camping gear and cooking stuff is no problem , also have fire wood to bring . Got room in my truck for another bike too . I might ride two days and drive home Monday but I suspect the whole place can be covered in a day . So make that decision when I get there and see what it looks like . See ya there

An advanced rider like yourself shouldn't be slogging around on an old foggy's XR4. Your manhood is at stake! Only sensible thing is to sell it to me, I'm here for you.

Ha! I am taking a 300 2 stroke this weekend. I've lost count of the number of bikes I bought to try and replace the XR. The one thing I have learned is to not sell this one, as I did with my 03 model.

Weekend in the brush country looks like it’s going to be outstanding , sweating should not be a problem . I’ll probably head that way Friday to be there before dark , may stop for dinner in Ozona or not . I wouldn’t mind sleeping in a cabin if somebody wants to split cost otherwise I’ll sleep in my truck at the site , camping gear and cooking stuff is no problem , also have fire wood to bring . Got room in my truck for another bike too . I might ride two days and drive home Monday but I suspect the whole place can be covered in a day . So make that decision when I get there and see what it looks like . See ya there

Driving to Ozona on Friday afternoon, to motel it Friday & Saturday nights. Dinner at the Hitchin Post Steak House on Friday night at 630 or 7p.

Breakfast both mornings (Sat/Sun) at Pepe's Cafe in Ozona, then on to EDRA to ride both days on jeep trails, single-track, hill climbs and creek-beds.

Last edited:
I'll be towing a camper to stay in. We'll get there Friday evening. My toy hauler is still in the shop, so I'm borrowing my sister's travel trailer. My bikes will be in the back of the truck.

I have a new thing to try out there.... Two bikes to compare. I probably went the WRONG way whenever I bought the new bike a couple weeks ago.....

double trouble.jpg

Looking forward to riding them both back-to-back. The 450L seems a bit of a pig on the single track at Zars. I think it's going to be great on that buggy trail at EDRA.

Exhaust and a chip transform the bike and are an anticipated expense when buying this bike. You can ride mine this weekend and see for yourself.

As stated a new ECU really transforms the 450l, the mpg suffers but it is so much nicer, I have the vortex ecu and a full yoshi pipe, absolutely love riding the 450l on single track or on tarmac, I fitted a smaller rear sprocket to lower the revs a bit at highway speeds.. just need a 4 gallon gas tank and it would be perfect! The stock seat is very uncomfortable, so a seat concept upgrade is also a must have! 😁

Well of course I've been watching the weather.

Upper 40s for the high Saturday was OK, but now the forecast is deteriorating to 40 even.

I really, I mean really want to ride, and wanted to get in another 2 day ride before the end of the year...however I think its best to move the EDRA ride to another weekend.

So I'm making the Un-executive decision to move the ride to back to December 3rd and 4th.

1668643097432.png

Last edited:
I'm big time bummed but can't argue. What does this do to the Twin Buttes plan for the following weekend?

I'm big time bummed but can't argue. What does this do to the Twin Buttes plan for the following weekend?
The camping / parking area is exposed on top of the hill, no protection.

I just moved the Twin Buttes weekend to January. This really messed up my riding calendar for the rest of 2022.

Maybe a reenactment of THIS but on Sunday, December 18th?

That’s fine with me , I really could utilize my time better than playing but this weekend was the only time available and noaa is showing maybe 10% rain chance , cold is no problem , my trailers has been used in the mid teens more than once and that was without electricity .

As stated a new ECU really transforms the 450l, the mpg suffers but it is so much nicer, I have the vortex ecu and a full yoshi pipe, absolutely love riding the 450l on single track or on tarmac, I fitted a smaller rear sprocket to lower the revs a bit at highway speeds.. just need a 4 gallon gas tank and it would be perfect! The stock seat is very uncomfortable, so a seat concept upgrade is also a must have! 😁
By stock seat, you must be referring to The Logsplitter. I took care of that as soon as I got home from picking it up.

logsplitter.jpeg

As she is currently equipped
crf450L.jpeg

Yeah I'm out near Junction.......35 and very wet. Miserable stuff.
Good call Sander!

Back