• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Honda CRF300L and Rally and LS

Almost 400 miles on the little 300; maybe I have a better feel for what it is and what it is not.
Without getting too windy, for the way I use a motorcycle (as a tool that makes me .65 cents a mile for real estate) I think the pros outweigh the cons. It is slow off the line, but not too bad. I ran up 49 north today at 65 with no problems. My magnetic tank bag works to help with carrying stuff, and I’ve got some old pannier racks that will get butchered for a new rear rack. Someday maybe a better seat (will cut off that stupid strap handle this weekend) And I’m still sitting at or just above 70MPG. Rode about 40 miles of gravel this week, and the Rally handled everything just fine, just mind your gears and she will pull. I think it is a keeper! 😎. @Windmill you should ride one of these, if you haven’t. BTW, after about 150 miles, my fuel gauge is showing 1 little bar left……is that how they all are? First gas gauge I’ve ever had on a bike. Thanks folks…
Almost 400 miles on the little 300; maybe I have a better feel for what it is and what it is not.
Without getting too windy, for the way I use a motorcycle (as a tool that makes me .65 cents a mile for real estate) I think the pros outweigh the cons. It is slow off the line, but not too bad. I ran up 49 north today at 65 with no problems. My magnetic tank bag works to help with carrying stuff, and I’ve got some old pannier racks that will get butchered for a new rear rack. Someday maybe a better seat (will cut off that stupid strap handle this weekend) And I’m still sitting at or just above 70MPG. Rode about 40 miles of gravel this week, and the Rally handled everything just fine, just mind your gears and she will pull. I think it is a keeper! 😎. @Windmill you should ride one of these, if you haven’t. BTW, after about 150 miles, my fuel gauge is showing 1 little bar left……is that how they all are? First gas gauge I’ve ever had on a bike. Thanks folks…
Good looking bike. Did you trade in the KLR?

Back