• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Honda CRF300L and Rally and LS

A little over 3000 miles into my 300 Rally since acquiring in February. Not a ton by any means, but it exceeds the 2000 on my GSA I acquired in January. The Rally is light and easy to wheel out and run errands. I had a great time riding it in Colorado and New Mexico. Unless I want to sustain 80 mph, the Rally gets the nod for daily riding. I will share the heat from the catalytic converter is very present.
0261B4B4-42D3-4CD2-91ED-2209D4A97EDA.jpeg

Last edited:
Installed:

Tusk D Sport rear tire at 2,600 miles as well as a Tubliss 2.0 system.

Was my second time changing my own tire but wasn't too bad. Just took my time and double checked everything as I went along.

Ordered:

Rally Raid Level 2 rear shock with remote preload adjuster.

Rally Raid Level 2 adjustable fork cartridges.

Extended kickstand

Seal driver

Fork seals

Flatland Racing radiator guard

Scorpion EXO AT950 helmet

Block off plate and vacuum caps for PAIR and Evap delete.

Attachments

• 20220727_105439.jpg
    20220727_105439.jpg
    351 KB · Views: 88
  • 20220727_181635.jpg
    20220727_181635.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Do you have one on order?
Nope. I am one of those jerks.

I honestly didn't realize how rare they are and got one within 24 hours.

Called 12 dealerships and drove 130 miles to the next state over.

They had a CRF300L, CRF300L Rally ABS, and CRF450RL on the showroom and test rode all 3 before deciding on the Rally.

Nice... Glad you got one.

Sorry but i don't understand the jerks comment...?
Some folks get upset because they have been waiting 3-9 months for theirs and I just walked into a dealership and got one.

I saw one for sale in Conroe on Facebook Marketplace today. I too am one of those jerks. I found two in Dallas last year. I think mine is one of the first 40 or 60 in the US based on the VIN. It's exactly what I wanted and expected.

I'd really like to test ride a 300 Rally, preferably with the Thai ECU installed. Very interested to see what that motor can do with my fat **** on it. Maybe one day when used ones are abundant.

I'd really like to test ride a 300 Rally, preferably with the Thai ECU installed. Very interested to see what that motor can do with my fat **** on it. Maybe one day when used ones are abundant.
Hit me up if you're ever in the Tyler area and you can take mine for a little spin.

Im 6'3" 260lbs and it seems to move me around just fine even with stock gearing.

Hit me up if you're ever in the Tyler area and you can take mine for a little spin.

Im 6'3" 260lbs and it seems to move me around just fine even with stock gearing.

I appreciate the offer. Might have to take you up on it this fall. I've never been to Tyler. Our weights are similar, I've just never owned anything smaller than a DR650. How does it do for top speed and highway cruising for you?

I appreciate the offer. Might have to take you up on it this fall. I've never been to Tyler. Our weights are similar, I've just never owned anything smaller than a DR650. How does it do for top speed and highway cruising for you?
All my past bikes were smaller displacement wise but were all pretty fun.

2012 WR250R
2012 WR450F (Plated)
2013 WR450F (Plated)
2009 YZ450F (Plated)
2001 DRZ400E (Plated)

In stock form it can hit 85mph and holds 75mph all day.

After the mods I've done with stock gearing 70mph is top cruising speed and 75mph is top speed. I gained low end power, higher MPGs, but lost some top speed with the pipe.

I will be riding it down to Austin to meet some friends at Hidden Falls this October and have no doubts about being able to travel on the highway.

The CRF300 Rally is at 3400 miles now after acquiring in February. Not huge numbers, but for comparison my 2022 BMW that I got in January is at 2000 miles.

In need of a new rear tire now. Any recommendations for shops to swap back tire in Austin?

The CRF300 Rally is at 3400 miles now after acquiring in February. Not huge numbers, but for comparison my 2022 BMW that I got in January is at 2000 miles.

In need of a new rear tire now. Any recommendations for shops to swap back tire in Austin?
Do it yourself. It's pretty easy. Just order a Tusk tire stand and some tire spoons from Rocky Mountain ATV. Takes maybe 20 minutes once you're proficient.

It's a life saving skill to learn if you're ever in BFE.

But if you are against the idea of learning to do it yourself, reach out to Daniel Sidler on Facebook.

Tell him Marco sent you.

He lives in South Austin and is plugged into the Moto and Sur-Ron community in ATX. He can point you in the right direction.

Trail Boss, how are you liking the pannier racks? Have you carried much weight (like camping) on the bike? Are you still running the OEM spring?

I don't have the Thai ECU, I added the 550 Performance ECU, and the Yoshi exhaust. I am very happy with the bike and it fits my small dual sport needs perfectly. Maybe you can take it for a spin next time I run into you at one of the Hamburger Loop runs. I too am about 260 and am pleased with it.

Back