• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Interesting

You think folks could find this location in today's world? lol 6 dollar entree is nice!

D0638F73-EB48-4886-8498-09969EB24AE5.jpeg

You think folks could find this location in today's world? lol 6 dollar entree is nice!

View attachment 377408

I could probably find it, but it'd be just as little easier, for me anyway, if they'd included what road to turn on to in Hillister. Then again, there may well have only been one road! I've never been there.

I had the benefit of growing up during the don't days of maps and we weren't rich enough for anything else. I also delivered pizzas for a while in the very early smartphone era, before they were widespread. We used a map in the pizzeria and wrote notes on the tickets of how to get there. 3g networks meant that even if you had a phone, MapQuest would take forever and a day to load!

Should be pretty straight forward. Don't see any "turn left where the big oak was cut down 5 years ago"

Format is pretty impressive for time - you know in '75 this wasn't written in Word or WordPerfect, or even WordStar.
Probably a typewriter. Very impressive indeed! I wonder what they used to reproduce it for all the copies?

Everyday I look in the mirror and there's this old guy staring back at me don't know where he came from but he's looking older and more confused everyday.
And the old guy looking back at me is really fat and missing a lot of hair also.

While I fundamentally agree, that's easier said than done these days.
It was easier to do when I had less ;-)
I am amazed when I hear people complain about their miserable situation. You ask them, "Why don't you leave?" the response is almost always," I could never do that."
My wife and I have moved 8 times since we got married. The moves were never easy, but each one provided better opportunities and better experiences. Things change, life is short; why be miserable? I never plan to leave where I am now, But if things got unsafe or unpleasant; I'd be packing up and headed to greener pastures, in a heartbeat.

It was easier to do when I had less ;-)
I am amazed when I hear people complain about their miserable situation. You ask them, "Why don't you leave?" the response is almost always," I could never do that."
My wife and I have moved 8 times since we got married. The moves were never easy, but each one provided better opportunities and better experiences. Things change, life is short; why be miserable? I never plan to leave where I am now, But if things got unsafe or unpleasant; I'd be packing up and headed to greener pastures, in a heartbeat.
Proximity to a world class cancer center is one very good reason. A good steady job being another. I've moved a lot myself growing up. Only one move occurred without the primary weather having a job lined up and that one had extenuating circumstances. I have been on the path of decluttering, so if I am able at some point in the future it'll be easier.

From Shreveport Facebook page:

"Starting today, when citizens are pulled over by our Officers, you will be presented with an optional tipping screen.

If you’ve enjoyed the service you received during your traffic stop, you’ll have the option of using a credit card to tip that Officer up to 25 percent of the cost of your traffic citation."

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1712268706751.jpg
    FB_IMG_1712268706751.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 14
In case you're wondering: satire page.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240404_172733_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240404_172733_Facebook.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 13
Couple of pictures from Arkansas, borrowed from the Adv of Ark FB page. Just thought they were great photos! The switchback looks tough for my 850! I believe these are from Forked Mountain Trail.

49223789-8BEB-4430-AEBD-53ABBA72EFC8.jpeg

A162DAF2-B910-4894-AD67-A8F5B561B757.jpeg

2EA2EE21-C450-4287-B5F3-5DD242847CB9.jpeg

Back