• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lowside today

I got to spend a bit of time with Jeff and his wife Kelly at the hospital this afternoon. He's in great spirits, looks great, and doing much better.

Glad to hear things went well. After visiting the 'other time' I know what a good support system he has with his wife and daughter. Heal well

I'm home. Time to start getting better. Crashing Sucks. I'm the new poster boy for ATGATT.
Progressive guy was here this afternoon. My (new) gear is totaled out as the paramedics cut most of it off. The progressive guy told Lee the bike may be totaled out this time. Appearently there is frame damage where the crash bar attaches. I haven't gone out to the garage to look at it. Tomorrow. I'm waiting for the good drugs to kick in. Supper and I get to use my lazy boy again. I'll try to post up some pictures if I can.
Thanks to everyone who sent along all the good thoughts and prayers. And big THANK YOU to my four lunch run riders for helping me and my family Sunday. That's what TWT folks do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Glad to see you are making progress and being at home is probably a much better feeling than at the hospital.

Glad to hear you're home! Things are better already huh? :)

4-6 weeks to let the surgery set with no movement of the shoulder joint. Then I can start rehab maybe. The doctor said the bone between the ball of the humerus and the long part of the humerus was just about toast. I'm a candidate for a rebuilt shoulder. Crashing Sucks ATGATT

It's official the bike is totaled

I bet thinking of what motorcycle to get next will help with your recovery.:deal: Heal up quick and hope next years riding goes better for you.

February or March I'm thinking. Rehabilitation will take a long time. Now, if a smoking deal were to come along......[emoji41]

In your pain reliever induced state Monday evening, did you tell me your left collar bone was broken? Or is it just the right arm that is broken?

That smoking deal JUST came along and I think it is still available... even has ABS :-P

In your pain reliever induced state Monday evening, did you tell me your left collar bone was broken? Or is it just the right arm that is broken?

That smoking deal JUST came along and I think it is still available... even has ABS :-P

Just the right arm. That's By God Enough this time. I got a look at my chest this afternoon and that picture would almost be NSFW. A marvelous shade of purple is spreading across my body.

As for the smoking deal...I can always look. In the for sale section I presume?

Just the right arm. That's By God Enough this time. I got a look at my chest this afternoon and that picture would almost be NSFW. A marvelous shade of purple is spreading across my body.

Okay, Maybe I was just having auditory hallucinations... :shrugs:

As for the smoking deal...I can always look. In the for sale section I presume?

Of course. It is the one you mentioned to me ;-)

It's gone.
1D46D406-EAE9-4F46-B038-C22DDA91C55C_zpsitkfy0fv.jpg

Yes folks. Cargo straps around the frame and chains on the wheels. I feel so safe....not. I pulled the freshly renewed plate off before he showed and made sure the E-Z tag was in my pocket and deactivated. I've heard the horror stories.

A side view of his efforts.
C13D54C3-C030-4AAF-9453-6714E47E87AB_zps4e8qdyxs.jpg

A sad sight. No motorcycle in my garage.
C8B0A061-829E-45F1-9C70-0C2E49E0F537_zpsiyfjhq2w.jpg

The last time I went without a bike was November of 2005 and I went a whole two days without one. Two to three months is gonna hurt.

It's gone.
1D46D406-EAE9-4F46-B038-C22DDA91C55C_zpsitkfy0fv.jpg

:eek2::eek2::eek2: I expect smart drivers stayed waaaaay back from this guy.

A sad sight but with a little time and Photoshop, you can have as many bikes in your garage as you want! Maybe that will be a good therapeutic way to pass the time as you knit your pieces back together.

+1 on what skatz said! Maybe a nice motorcycle coloring book will help also :rofl:

Find a thread on the upcoming cycle shows to pass the time. Look on he bright side, you will be rehabbing in winter , down time of cycle riding for most. I rode the HD RK and liked it a bunch as well as the Cross Country. That said, I'd be all over a F6B. Have fun Internet shopping

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good reason to go to international motorcycle show. Dallas Jan 22-24. Wish you a speedy recovery.

He's right handed and it is the right arm that is broken. It is the left collar bone that is broken. It is also the left hand primarily that has the bruised fingers. He CAN post, but it is a slow process.

From what he told us, he low sided as the result of either too much front or back brake, but he is not 100% sure. Once you go down, things happen pretty fast!

No word yet on outcome of the surgery...

Roger that.

the official description of the injury from Baylor College of Medicine

Findings: Comminuted fracture of the humeral head/neck with a prominent
transverse component across the neck with complete displacement medially.
Additional nondisplaced fractures through the tuberosity. The humeral head is
aligned with the glenoid.

i guess all this means is I did a good job breaking the humerous.

Outcome of the surgery...The doctor was able to piece it back togther using plates and screws. I am to keep the joint immobile for 3-6 weeks with my first appointment after surgery November 11. i think I'm going to be home at least thru Christmas.

Again I want to thank so many people for their kindness shown to me and my family. My recovery from this will have a much better outcome because of your generous giving of your time and patience. I owe so much to the TWT family. further update will go here.

one handed typing sucks

one handed typing sucks

Use Dictation

Go to a document or other text field and place the insertion point where you want your dictated text to appear.
Press the keyboard shortcut for starting dictation, or choose Edit > Start Dictation. ...
Speak the words that you want your Mac to type.

You do have a Mac, right??? ;-)

Back