• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lowside today

I hate to see anything bad happen to any rider. Heal fast and hope you find a bike and back up and running soon.

Sad sight indeed. With over 100K miles on that bike, no doubt there was some serious bonding along the way. Has to almost be like losing a family member! :zen:

Good morning folks. Medical update time. I'm just back from my first appointment after surgery. Things went well and the doc likes what he saw on the X-rays. There is one piece of bone that he "concerned " with so that will be watched. He said he used 4 stitches thru that piece thru muscle to reattach it to the rest of humerus. I have a couple of plates and what looks like a dozen screws on the upper end of the humerus. I should have asked for a copy of that view to show folks my new hardware.
I can now go without the sling rig a bit more in the house but out and about it will be in the sling. I can now start moving my hand swing in small circles but very little movement of the joint. Progress I guess. Next appointment is in three weeks then I should get started on physical therapy. I'm not going to push this at all. I'm going to go with this;once I can swing a golf club, that's when I'll start thinking about it riding again. Strength in my shoulder will be the determining factor as to when I'll try riding again. And I will ride again.
Thanks everyone for your good thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great news Jeff, hang in there. Let the dr's good work heal. By the way they are having test rides in the Woodlands on the Indians, I'll check them out for ya and report back. :-P

Great news Jeff, hang in there. Let the dr's good work heal. By the way they are having test rides in the Woodlands on the Indians, I'll check them out for ya and report back. :-P

Thanks. Ride a Beemer too.

Three wheelers.......I hope not.

I'm getting better. I've just about stopped with the RX pain meds. Ice, occasional heat, and ibuprofen keeps things at a tolerable level. Still sleeping in the recliner.

Progress! :clap:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And since I can't ride for a while, there are a ton of bikes in the for sale section.......all good deals...☹️

Hang in there, Jeff.
I'm sure sleeping in a recliner has gotten old. But hang in there, let your body heal. Eat healthy. Get sunshine...

Cold Therapy units are worth their weight in gold if you can get your hands on one. I would say they cut my pain meds need by 30-40% when I've used it in the past.

I've got two cold freezer pads and those seem to help. I've started using a heating pad too.
I've used something similar on my knees after having them scoped. I'll have to look for it and then see if I can find a shoulder bag.

Continued prayers and thankfulness....God is good, all the time.

Well.....I guess I'm back in the game. Can't ride it yet but this was too good to pass up. It's not a Harley but I've always wanted one of these. I'll get another Harley sooner or later.

708668FE-2A1A-496B-9DB1-2C92A5F3745A_zpsl1lhpbrz.jpg

Thanks to Jerry for helping me out by delivering it this morning.

Now to get my shoulder healthy.

Well.....I guess I'm back in the game. Can't ride it yet but this was too good to pass up. It's not a Harley but I've always wanted one of these. I'll get another Harley sooner or later.

708668FE-2A1A-496B-9DB1-2C92A5F3745A_zpsl1lhpbrz.jpg

Thanks to Jerry for helping me out by delivering it this morning.

Now to get my shoulder healthy.

Very cool. I might own one of those some day. If I ever get past this dirt road infatuation...

Congratulations Jeff! If ya need, I'll volunteer to keep the battery charged with a weekly ride if needed.

You will enjoy the ST or better known as a Goldwing Lite..... Careful, they draw you in to Distance riding.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
Back